Manager – Accounts, Taxation and Compliance
Venture Catalysts is Asia’s largest & No. 1 Integrated Incubator. Established in year 2016, it is one of the largest early-stage players in India and provides a combination of capital, mentoring and network to its investee companies. Venture Catalysts is present across 47+ cities in India & 7 other countries globally being UAE/GCC, UK, USA, Canada, Singapore, HongKong and Thailand. Venture Catalysts enables invests in startups through a network of HNIs, Family Offices, CXOs, etc.
The Group currently has and is further exploring presence in overseas geographies through subsidiaries/branch/other business presence. It also has made certain strategic investments in IncubateHub, a corporate venture platform and AlmaConnect, an alumni based professional network.
The Venture Catalysts group also houses SEBI Registered Alternative Investment Funds (AIF’s) such as 9Unicorns Accelerator Fund, Beams Fintech Fund, Elev8 Venture Partner Fund, Spyre Proptech Fund, etc. along with Angel Funds i.e. Venture Catalysts Angel Growth Fund and Venture Catalysts Offshore Angel Fund. The Group plans to further expand on its Fund offerings.
Roles And Responsibility:
Applicable Regulations to the Business Group (indicative list) – Companies Act, 2013, LLP Act, 2008, FEMA, SEBI Regulations (including Angel Fund and PMS Regulations), Labor laws, Income Tax, GST
- Working with leadership team to define the necessary level of knowledge on existing and emerging regulatory compliance requirements across the organization.
- Developing the annual compliance work plan that reflects the organization's unique characteristics.
- Monitoring the implementation of the compliance program.
- Preparing and presenting clear and concise compliance reports to the Board.
- Interacting with regulators on compliance issues.
- Coordinating efforts related to audits, reviews, and examinations.
- Overseeing and monitoring compliance program of overseas funds and entities, group companies.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present periodic financial budgeting reports including profit and loss by entity and division, forecast vs. budget by division
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Ensure up-to-date systems, databases and financial software including Tally/ERP package. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company finance & accounts team.
- Ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Manage and verify workings and documentation with respect to vendor settlements, partner payments.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all direct and indirect tax returns.
- Work with payroll team to ensure appropriate labor compliance including PF/ESIC/PT and all applicable regulations.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems including upgrades to new accounting software given the scale of operations. Provide inputs and lead business process automation.
- Maintain banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Coordination with auditors, consultants, advisors, etc.
- Manage vendor / external due diligence, valuation and regulatory requirements as part of the fund raising activities of the group entities.
- CA(Mandatory) , LLB/CS Recommended
- 4-5 years of experience in accounts, taxation and compliance
- Preferred – Track record of interacting with product/technology staff to manage and/or upgrade back end system with strong financial controls.
- Demonstrated confidence and execution capabilities – ability to manage and effectively complete tasks.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with auditors, lawyers and consultants, compliance-related operations.
- Open to travel on as needed basis.
India’s top incubator for startups, with an integrated approach that offers funding, mentorship and network.