Director of Investor Relations and Fundraising
500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than USD2.7 billion in assets under management that invests in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth.
We invest far and wide, across sectors and geographies, including 49 companies valued at USD1B+ and 150+ companies valued at more than USD100 million.
500 Global’s Southeast Asia family of funds have backed over 270+ companies, including USD1B+ companies Grab, Bukalapak, Carousell, Carsome, and FinAccel. This is just the beginning – we are actively growing to serve more founders, as well as connect startups with capital, expertise, and global networks to help them succeed.
Read more about the backstory of the team, the culture and why we are hiring: https://sea.500.co/careers
About The Role
We are looking for someone to lead Investor Relations and Fundraising at 500 Southeast Asia in Singapore.
We have sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, pensions, multi-nationals, ultra high net worth individuals, family offices and more entrusting us with their capital. You are a magnet for that. You strategize, organize, and execute the increase in assets under management. You will generate new Limited Partner (LP) leads and prospects. You will oversee all aspects of their engagement, due diligence, as well as closing of their investment into our funds. This role will work cross-functionally, monitoring and optimizing for capital formation and relationship development opportunities. This means you'll pick up that phone, take the meetings, wine, dine (over Zoom as well), and convey our fund proposition to the right people. You’ll manage a team. You'll work directly with the General Partners.
- Actively source, outreach, contact and build relationships with potential leads and future investors (funds, financial institutions, pensions, multi-nationals, ultra high net worth individuals, family offices and more)
- Responsible for all fundraising goals and targets
- Increase market knowledge about 500 Global amongst institutional investors.
- Collaborate with the Global IR team members on cross-selling opportunities.
- Lead global investor relations and business development
- Lead projects related to lead generation, sales pipeline organizing fundraising roadshows
- Manage reporting, investor meetings, presentations
- Represent the firm at industry events and conferences
- Act as an advisor to the investment team, as a voice of the limited partners
- Be an important point of contact for the regulators across various markets
- Manage investor relations team members and their performance.
Please keep in mind this list is not all inclusive and you may be asked to perform other job functions not otherwise listed.
- 8 or more years of Institutional Fundraising, Investor Relations, or related experience
- 4 or more years of leadership experience leading Fundraising or Investor Relations initiatives.
- Proven track record in managing LP relationships, with an existing network of potential LPs for 500 Southeast Asia
- Ability to work independently
- Have existing contacts with US, European, Asian, or Middle Eastern investors including but not limited to endowments, pensions, family offices etc.
- Strong business ethics and with a view to lead the fundraising for our upcoming funds and co-investment vehicles.
- Masters degree or CFA.
- Fundraising experience for a Venture Capital fund.
- Private market fundraising experience.
- Interest in technology, startups, and early stage venture capital.
- Natural collaborator and strong communicator.
- Salesforce experience.
- Able to work on a fully distributed global team.
- Comfortable with irregular working hours and extensive travel
We invest in Southeast Asia's potential. Then we turn potential into performance.