Venture Analyst (Student position)
Would you like to help spot the next generation of promising Nordic startups – maybe even the next billion-dollar startup? And are you passionate about tech and entrepreneurship? For our team at People Ventures, we are now seeking a new part time Venture Analyst to join our team approx. 15-20 hours per week.
You will help screen, find, and evaluate exciting new investment opportunities
As our new Venture Analyst, you will work closely with our investment team – meaning that you will get hands-on experience with building and scaling early-stage startups.
You will help screen, find, and evaluate exciting new investment opportunities, and deliver sharp, high-quality analysis to enable informed decisions. You will need to be pragmatic and resourceful, as well as able to synthesize clear takeaways from your quantitative/qualitative research. Independently motivated, you search the Nordics for exciting start-ups that fit our investment thesis and that you believe in.
The role in bullets:
- Screen and register new investment opportunities in our CRM system
- Support portfolio companies and new investment processes with both
- quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Represent People Ventures at events and develop our network
- Monitor the ecosystem for new relevant events, startups, founders, and more
- Meet with great, talented and sweet founders in the Nordics
- Ad hoc analysis to support the team’s knowledge on technology, trends, and tendencies – helping us separate what’s hype from what’s real
You will help our portfolio grow and progress
We are looking for an innovative, resourceful, and organized Venture Analyst to join our Investment team. You swear to a methodological approach to researching and understanding complex topics and deliver your findings easily and structured. We expect that you are curious by nature and interested in getting to know new people. And of course, that you are deeply enthusiastic about the world of technology, and building and investing in start-ups.
This could be you:
- A damn good human being
- Able to manage effectively, think critically and work passionately
- Thorough and structured in your approach to problem-solving
- Experienced at PowerPoint and Excel
- Ideally finishing your Bachelor/starting your Master’s
We are looking for a colleague that can contribute part time, approximately 15-20 hours per week at our office in Taastrup (remote work can be agreed on ad-hoc basis).
People Ventures – we believe in great people.
People Ventures is an early-stage venture fund characterized by its activist approach to investing. We support our start-up’s across many areas of their ongoing operations, not to mention being a vital sounding board when it comes to the overall strategy. Nordic start-ups at the pre-seed and seed stage are our sweet spot. When we invest, we’re all in helping in the day-to-day operations with everything we can.
You’ll join a group of good people who see each other, and everyone else, as human beings with personalities, skills, strengths, and weaknesses.
You can get to know us even better by visiting www.peopleventures.vc.
And hey, just so you know, we love to spend time together - and we do so often.
Do you have any questions related to the role? Feel free to reach out to People & Culture Lead, Malene Wigant Decker on +45 20997977 or email@example.com.
We will be interviewing as soon as we have qualified candidates, so we look forward to hearing from you shortly!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We invest ourselves and money in early-stage companies.