Point72 Ventures is a global venture capital strategy led by a diverse set of domain experts with the capital and mandate to lead rounds through all stages of a company's growth, from idea to IPO. The team invests in founders with bold ideas who use the latest technologies to drive transformational change across industries. Point72 Ventures offers entrepreneurs access to expertise and insights, executive and technical talent, and hands-on support. With offices in the U.S. and Europe, Point72 Ventures is an affiliate of Point72, the global asset manager founded by Steven A. Cohen. For more information, visit p72.vc.
Our Enterprise team is looking for passionate, hard-working, innately curious individuals with engineering and product experience interested in transitioning from a startup to investing. Our Associates conduct industry research, source investment opportunities, brainstorm with founders, perform rigorous due diligence, and support our portfolio companies. A successful candidate will thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment, as well as be a valuable partner to our founders as they build the next generation of category-defining enterprise companies.
We are technical investors that like to dive deep into segments of the market where we believe technology can be most transformative. We invest early, typically at the Seed, and are all-in partners with founders throughout their journey. Our team-first approach means Associates are expected to not only investigate themes by talking to potential founders, companies, and domain experts but also effectively share their findings by synthesizing their learnings, modeling scenarios, testing assumptions, and iterating with the team’s feedback. Our Associates gain exposure to our diligence and deal processes, and have the opportunity to source, underwrite, and support multiple promising enterprise technology investments each year. It’s critical that Associates are able to form independent market perspectives and continually exploring what comes next in technology. Previous associates have gone onto start companies, leadership roles in tech, or continue their venture careers at Point72 and elsewhere.
What Excites You
- Leveraging deep technical expertise to solve problems and glean unique insights
- Learning about new technologies (especially in data infrastructure, developer tools, cybersecurity, and other enterprise tech)
- Talking with industry participants about hard problems and what potential technology could emerge as solutions
- Making smart, informed investment recommendations and constantly learning from them
- Building new things and iterating on them quickly and openly
- Analytical thinking and sifting through available data to find “the answer”
- Working with and contributing to the culture of a small team
What Excites Us
- Agile thinkers that pride themselves on being knowledgeable, resourceful, and able to learn complex concepts quickly
- Builders who have previously had roles designing and scaling software products
- Passionate individuals who care about entrepreneurship / innovation and are naturally inquisitive about leading edge technology
- Analytical individuals who are able to model multiple scenarios and outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and project management skills
- People who “elevate the room” through their work ethic, curiosity, and attitude
- Great team players who care about and contribute to a thriving team culture
What Success Looks Like
- Ownership – You take charge of your work, uphold your commitments, and never drop the ball
- Prioritization – You focus on what matters most and wait on the rest; you’re great at thoughtfully saying no to others
- Adaptability – You can triage needs and context-switch quickly and effortlessly
- Communications – You have excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Teamwork – Everyone loves working with you and feels energized after engaging with you
- Integrity – You demonstrate 100% commitment to the highest ethical standards
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Volunteer opportunities
- Support for employee-led affinity groups representing women, people of color and the LGBT+ community
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Point72 policy requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter any Point72 office or participate in any Point72 business-related event in person. Should an offer of employment be made, your acceptance of that offer means that you will comply with this policy. You will be advised of your anticipated schedule to be in the office should we move forward with the offer. Please note that all visitors must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter any of Point72’s U.S. offices.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We invest in bold ideas with the goal of creating transformative value for our companies.