Venture Capital Analyst - Winter/Spring Internship
Elev8.vc is an early-stage, deep tech venture capital firm based in Singapore. We invest in technologies of the future that will redefine how business gets done and leverage our network to help these companies scale across the globe.
We are a next-generation VC that more than just invests in startups. We go to great lengths to understand our founders, their back stories, the cutting-edge technologies they are building, and their grand vision for the future. Then, we conspire with the universe to help them succeed.
Our portfolio companies deliver some of the most meaningful impact to the world from saving millions of lives in traffic accidents (PreAct) to unlocking access to digital services in unaddressed rural areas (UNL) to helping kids recover from hip disorders (MEDO.AI).
Elev8.vc welcomes driven and naturally curious individuals who share our passion for venture capital, technology, and startups to join our 3-month to 6-month internship programme (Dec 2023 / Jan 2024 Intake).
During the internship, you will have the opportunity to:
- Shadow our investment team in deal sourcing, screening, and evaluation (e.g. call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate investment opportunities)
- Prepare Investment thesis & risk evaluations
- Perform market research to identify and size markets
- Perform competitive landscape scans for the most cutting-edge technologies
- Perform financial/valuation analysis
- Assist in preparation of investment memorandums
- Initiate and oversee your own project(s): each intern is expected to propose and execute a related project outside of their allocated job scope
Required Skills and Attributes
- Business, finance, and/or technology-related (Engineering, Science) background
- Strong interest in technology and startups
- Self-starter and can work seamlessly in a team environment.
Valued Skills and Attributes
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a concise and clear manner
- Strong networking skills to develop relationships with founders
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, goal-oriented and proactive
- Strong knowledge of Excel including common non-VBA functions
*Note: Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position.
VC Fund based in Singapore focused in B2B Deep Tech investments.