Head of Finance
Planet A is looking for an (ideally German-speaking) Director of Finance to support us in taking our Finance operations to the next level. Together with a small team, you would be the sparring partner of our GPs in preparation for the next financial milestone of Planet A.
About Planet A
Planet A Ventures is a Greentech VC supporting start-ups that have a measurable positive impact on our planet while building profitable, scalable businesses. We want to contribute to an economy that operates within the planetary boundaries. As a small team with flat hierarchies, we value commitment, transparency and a humble attitude. We offer a great, mission-driven and fun-loving working environment.
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process, collaborating with the investment team to align financial plans with investment strategies.
- Prepare and present financial reports to senior management and investors, ensuring transparency and accuracy.
- Oversee fund accounting, including fund performance calculations, NAV calculations, and compliance with fund terms.
- Identify and manage financial risks, implement risk mitigation strategies, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain strong relationships with fund investors, providing them with regular updates and addressing their financial inquiries.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and assist with tax planning and reporting for the fund.
- Lead all regular audits in cooperation with external auditors.
- Serve as the liaison for Limited Partners (LPs).
- Work closely with and consult our Managing General Partners to improve and maintain Planet A’s Finance, Control and Reporting functions;
- Previous finance experiences (at least 3. - 4 years) in a familiar environment (VC, PE or Growth Investment, family office) are of great advantage.
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to work hands-on.
- Autonomous, self-starter and very well-organized.
- Communicative, collaborative open-minded and not afraid to take initiative.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German.
- Experienced in using Google or MS-Office applications, esp. Excel/Google Sheets; Aptitude for learning new software.
Planet A is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and encourages people of all ethnic & racial origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions & ideologies, socio-economic statuses, educational backgrounds, ages, and individuals of all abilities to apply.
Investing capital and operational expertise in founders who are reshaping their industries.