Director of Finance And Operations
SeventySix Capital is a venture capital company that invests in passionate, smart and nice entrepreneurs launching game-changing startups in sports betting, esports, and sports tech. Our team has invested in, built and sold leading sports companies for over two decades. We leverage this experience to give entrepreneurs access to the financial and social capital that our network of executives, influencers, and professional athletes has to offer.
The SeventySix Capital platform has its Sports Tech Venture Capital funds, its SeventySix Capital Sports Advisory consulting agency, its Athlete Venture Group, and its Sports Media division that includes the Sports Leadership Show, This Week in Sports Business, Sports Innovation Meetup Series, and the Sports Innovation Conference.
Director of Operations & Finance
The Director of Operations & Finance will work alongside the partners, finance and investment team on a daily basis. This position will focus on helping manage the venture capital funds, work with our portfolio companies and new opportunities.
Responsibilities will include running day-to-day accounting, audit, finance, and operational activities. The Director of Operations & Finance will also support the investment team with due diligence, sourcing and investment decisions.
- Have a strong desire to network and build up your relationships in venture capital, tech and sports
- Like to research and learn
- Be comfortable working with high profile business leaders, executives, athletes and sports personalities
- Be comfortable in high pressure situations and meetings
- Be extremely organized
- Have similar characteristics to athletes:, quick decision making ability, adaptability to change and perseverance
- Posses a deep understanding of sports
- Posses a deep understanding of the business side of sports
- Posses a deep understanding of technology and venture capital investing
- Be entrepreneurial and fearless
- Have a flexible schedule based on sports events and the sports calendar
- Be comfortable with travel
- Have knowledge of the sports tech, sports betting, gaming and entertainment industries
- Be an avid reader of sports business news and media
- A minimum of 5 plus years of working experience
- An MBA, JD or advanced degree (ex. Finance / Accounting)
- Experience fundraising for for-profit or non-profit organizations
We're at the epicenter of sports and tech – investing in entrepreneurs who are building game changing startup companies.