Visiting Analyst - ESG
FoodLabs is an early-stage venture capital investor and venture studio with a focus on Food, Agtech, Biotech, and Sustainability. We’re a purpose-driven investor backing entrepreneurs solving the world’s most pressing problems along the entire food value chain. We’ve backed some of the leading food-tech startups including Infarm, share, Meatable, Mushlabs, and Formo.
We are excited to expand the FoodLabs Finance Team with a Visiting Analyst. This role is a 4 to 6-month opportunity based in our office in Berlin. You will be supporting our Chief Financial Officer in developing and managing our environmental, social, and governance framework. You will be an integral part of our team and will support us in:
- Spearheading our ESG efforts together with our CFO, including self-assessment and support for portfolio companies in implementing ESG initiatives.
- Partnering with FoodLabs colleagues and portfolio founders to establish KPIs for measuring portfolio impact and supporting founders in impact measurement.
- Creating our annual impact report and handling all aspects of impact reporting.
- Researching and deep-diving the latest ESG regulations and frameworks
🧑🚀 Work with entrepreneurs at eye level: You will be in the driver’s seat for our company-building efforts, working directly with a diverse group of founders, investment experts, and strategic partners.
🥑 Create the future world of food: Alternative proteins, cellular agriculture, vertical farming, foodtech – these and many more concepts will be the instruments with which you will design the future world in a healthy and sustainable way.
🌐 Become part of: the FoodLabs and Atlantic Labs network with over 150 companies in various topics such as biotech (Mushlabs, Formo), agritech (Klim, Stenon), healthtech (Clue, Myota), new work (Zenjob, Coleap), fintech (Lano, Kadmos), community (Beat81, Jodel), food delivery (Gorillas, Kitch), and many more.
What you need to succeed
- A passion for entrepreneurship and business models disrupting the Food-, Bio-, and ClimateTech industries;
- Outstanding university degree (or currently enrolled) in the field of Business, Finance or Economics - specialization courses on sustainability are of great advantage
- Work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment (top-tier consulting, investment banking, or high-growth startups);
- Adaptability and flexibility to meet the needs of a fast-paced environment;
- Proficient German speaker. Strong command of the English language - any additional European language is of advantage
Early Stage VC investor and venture studio for food, sustainability and health.