Differential Ventures is a NYC-based pre-seed and seed-stage VC fund investing in AI, machine learning, and data-centric startups across North America, Europe and Israel. Our portfolio companies use data science and advanced engineering to capture the full value of the massive amounts of data created each day. The firm has generated top-tier returns out of its Fund I and is currently actively investing out of its $42mm Fund II. Differential Ventures is hiring an Analyst to work closely with the investment team out of our New York City office.
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to develop deep sector expertise, drive critical operational initiatives and support the different facets of Differential’s deal process and fund operations. This full-time role is a two-year commitment with the potential for exceptional performers to stay on and grow with the firm. This is not a traditional sourcing-focused analyst position. You will instead be focused on data, diligence, portfolio and research initiatives.
Data & Reporting (40% of your time)
- Own our deal CRM, pipeline management and document management systems to streamline our deal process
- Generate weekly reports on relevant funding developments, segmenting out key sectors and providing commentary on interesting insights
- Lay the foundation for tech-enabled, data-driven insights
- Support quarterly newsletter and updates with relevant metrics
Deal Diligence (20% of your time)
- Contribute to deal diligence through market and competitive research, business model/strategy analysis, assisting with reference checks and helping draft investment memos
Portfolio Company Support (10% of your time)
- Extract KPIs and other metrics to assist with fund reporting needs
- Act as another set of hands in supporting portfolio companies
Research (30% of your time)
- Own the firm’s content repository and develop it into the source of truth for article summaries, portfolio company breakdowns and research pieces
- Hold the pen on researching and developing investment theses on emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited top-tier college/university
- 1-2 years of job experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, consulting, or at a startup
- An insatiable appetite for learning new concepts and technologies
- A great storyteller – you’re able to distill data and commentary from a variety of sources to weave together a cohesive narrative
- Sharp quantitative and analytical skills as well as experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and CRM tools
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills and a strong bias for action
- Available to work 80%-100% in-person from our office in Manhattan
Annual base salary range of $75,000 - $90,000 plus a competitive bonus package and benefits. This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position. Individual pay is based on skills, experience, and other relevant factors.
To Apply: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name] - DV Analyst Application” and a copy of your resume and answers to the following questions attached (200 words max per question):
- Why are you interested in becoming an Analyst at Differential?
- How does your experience lend itself to succeeding in this role?
- What’s an industry or theme in technology excites you and why?
Investing in the people and solutions capturing the full value of the world’s data.