Analyst, Venture Capital
Our employees are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. When you join our team, you’re bringing this purpose to life alongside a passionate community of experts.
Feel empowered to learn and grow while being valued for who you are– here, diversity is a strength. You have our commitment to support you in reaching your goals with tools, opportunities, and flexibility. It’s our employee promise.
Our hybrid work model provides the balance between working from home and enjoying meaningful in-person interactions.
Read on to see how you can shape the future, win as a team, and grow with us.
About Intact Ventures
Intact Ventures is a leading venture capital fund focused on making direct investments into world-class start-ups in the areas of fintech, insurtech, proptech, big data, and artificial intelligence. With $600m managed across three funds, Intact Ventures primarily invests into early-stage, hyper growth businesses. We also have a fund-of-fund strategy where we allocate capital to some of the top venture investors across the world. We have invested globally in high profile start-ups including, Acko Insurance, Turo, Resilience, Bolt Logistics, Coterie Insurance, and many more. We have a global investment mandate and have invested in India, Brazil, the UK, China, Canada, and the US.
We’re looking for an Analyst to join our growing Venture Capital team!
In this role, you will be a member of our investment team, working to complement our efforts in sourcing, executing due diligence, and managing new investments. You will operate with a high degree of autonomy and are expected to develop their own investment theses and find the best possible investment opportunities in such areas. In this role, you will be joining a small team where you will have opportunity to drive significant impact for the fund and overall organization.
The ideal candidate will to be comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment working on a wide range of projects alongside both the fund’s senior management as well as executives. This role can be an accelerant to your career, offering exposure to several aspects of Intact’s business and working in a vibrant and creative environment.
We are open to applications across different experience levels with different sector expertise but are particularly interested in those with expertise in the Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital and Management Consulting.
What You’ll Do Here
- Manage research pipeline for the investment team
- Coordinate deal sourcing efforts for the team and build your own deal pipeline
- Work directly with senior team members in running investment process for new investments and coordinate much of our follow-on investment efforts with current portfolio companies
- Maintain positive relationships with companies and funds where we have existing investments or partnerships
- Represent Intact Ventures at various conferences or industry events
- Draft investment memos for review of senior team members and the investment committee
What You Bring To The Table
- Outgoing, curious, driven, impatient with the status quo
- Deep intellectual curiosity about technology and new business models
- Ability to work independently and on projects where research is required
- Curious mindset that is keeping up with consumer preference trends and how the insurance industry can adapt to meet those needs
- Proactive networking and relationship development skills
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge: ability to build financial models
Education And Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience in a relevant field (investment banking, consulting, start-up experience, engineering, or other relevant work experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, engineering, computer science, actuarial science, or related discipline
- Knowledge of accounting concepts (ex. net asset value, fund distribution, financial statements)
- High proficiency in MS Office applications with a focus on Excel
- Team player who enjoys working in a high performing culture and is open to evolving and changing priorities
- Willingness to actively contribute to a positive and highly effective team culture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high degree of professionalism
- Solid prioritization and organizations skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter, flexible and adaptable
What We Offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
- A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
- An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
- Flexible work arrangements
- Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
- An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
- Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
- A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
- Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
- Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
- A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.
If you are an employee of Intact or belairdirect, please apply for this role on Contact People.
Intact Ventures is a leading early-stage venture capital fund focused on making direct investments into world-class start-ups in the areas of fintech,...