Investor Relations Associate
The Investor Relations Associate will communicate with every active investor in Texas and help facilitate millions in venture capital funding by connecting our portfolio founders to angels and venture investors.
You will be responsible for the execution of a key Investor Relations program that facilitates hundreds of curated connections every month. Developing strong relationships with investors and understanding their investment criteria is paramount to your success in this role. You'll use Capital Factory's network of active investors and technology stack to curate matches between investors and founders. Over two years, you'll get invaluable venture capital experience by observing large volumes of early stage companies and learning how VCs view and evaluate potential investments.
Capital Factory attracts the best startups in the state and connects them with exactly who they need to grow their business-whether that's their next partner, mentor, client, employee or investor. Our Ventures Team facilitates all of these interactions and the Investor Relations team is responsible for connections to our investor community.
What you will do…
- Manage email campaigns to relevant investors on behalf of Capital Factory portfolio companies and track success metrics of the campaigns.
- You’ll make valuable introductions between founders and investors when there is mutual interest.
- Be the primary point-of-contact for investors, building a long term relationship. You’ll be responsible for sharing relevant startups, events, and other opportunities with them, and tracking their engagement.
- Network with venture capitalists and angel investors to establish deal flow relationships with them.
- Attend events with investors and introduce new portfolio companies.
- Take calls and meetings with investors to better understand their investment thesis and which companies to introduce them to.
- Make over a dozen curated introductions between investors and our portfolio founders everyday.
- Attend our weekly Ventures Team Sync, Investor Relations Sync and other relevant meetings.
- Attend our monthly First Look events.
You'll know you're successful if...
- Our Founders give feedback about having an exceptional experience and receiving meaningful value from connections made with our investor network.
- Investors rave about the startups you introduce them to.
- You are a strong and engaging copywriter, and Investors respond to your emails 75% of the time or more.
- You build strong relationships with our VIP stakeholders and receive introductions to new investors on a regular basis. You support the Venture Team on strategic initiatives to grow the Investor Relations value proposition.
- Assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner with minimal mistakes and your team trusts you to execute independently.
- You have a productive and collaborative relationship with all internal teams, especially the Mentor, Venture Programs, and Platform Teams.
- You have a basic understanding of startup funding terms, options, and mechanisms.
- You have strong copywriting skills and work well with email and technology.
- You have previous experience with email marketing and/or inside sales.
- You like to analyze data to improve the process and quality of connections.
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone.
- You are a documentor. You make lists and spreadsheets.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute… because they will. You roll with it.
- You check your email in the evenings and are available to work during evening events and over the weekends when there is a tight deadline. You do what it takes to get the job done.
- You have a reliable laptop computer & smartphone that you are comfortable using for work.
- You plan to stay in Texas and commit to this position for 2+ years.
About our team...
- We have a passion for startups and technology.
- We are transparent and we over-communicate.
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- We communicate when we are not able to meet a deadline and suggest a solution.
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown Austin, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place where we can work remotely with fast internet.
- We have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are able to efficiently use the Google suite of productivity tools (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- We are available to work during SXSW (Spring Break), DREAMCON (one week long staff summits twice a year), and Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
- 4 weeks paid time off (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance paid 100% by Capital Factory
- Additional benefits such as 401k program (50% company matching), life insurance, short & long term disability and and employee assistance program
- $1,000 personal innovation budget on your first year anniversary and then an additional $500 each anniversary thereafter
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory with garage parking space, metro pass, or rideshare credits and access to the onsite gym
- A priceless network
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers, and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes, and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2010.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors and customers.