Breega is one of the fastest growing VC funds in Europe with more than €500M AUM.
Breega propels pioneering and purpose-driven founders from idea into impact. We closed our first fund in 2015 and now have €500m AUM and 70 trailblazing portfolio companies. Crafted for founders by founders, we built Breega to provide start-ups with the help we wish we'd had. And we’ve created an investment proposition that’s purposefully designed. We call it full stack funding: providing capital and connections, expertise and experience, support and solidarity for entrepreneurs at every step of their journey. We invest across Europe through our 3 offices in Paris, London and Barcelona, focusing on pre-seed to Series B stage.
About Breega’s Venture fund
Breega’s Venture Fund invests specifically in topics related to Fintech and Insurtech, which can be broadened to include Regtech, Healthtech, Proptech, Cybersecurity and Climatetech. The fund invests majoritarily at Series A+ stage (tickets €1-10m) but can also pre-empt Fintech/Insurtech deals at Seed stage.
We have recently officially launched our Spanish office out of Barcelona. Your main mission will be to help your team identify, invest in and help pioneering founders who will create the next €1-10 billion companies in Fintech, Insurtech, Proptech, Regtech and Healthtech in Southern Europe (Spain, Portugal, Italy…)
You will work under the responsibility of Isabelle Gallo, Partner & Head of Europe for our Venture fund.
Outcomes & Responsibilities
As a member of the Investment team, you will:
- Meet with entrepreneurs, and start building close relationships with leading startups to generate high-quality deal flow
- Explore investment opportunities: deep dive into operational metrics, market and competition; assess product and technology, run reference calls, and analyze financial and valuation models
- Defend your position during weekly deal flow meetings and prepare investment notes that will be discussed in investment committees
- Participate in Breega’s key strategic projects including fundraising processes and represent Breega at main events
- Identify and detect high potential market trends to build strong convictions for future investments
- Participate in Term Sheet negotiation with entrepreneurs
- Directly manage one to two interns
- You absolutely must have 2 years of experience in a startup, as a founder or an operator,
- Bachelor or Master in engineering/finance/business,
- You must have an extensive knowledge of the Spanish tech ecosystem (VCs, startups, …),
- You have a huge passion for new technologies and an entrepreneurial mindset, you show a strong interest in the tech space
- Very strong business sense: ability to understand, anticipate pros/cons of business models, identify risks of given markets, …
- Excellent analytical & strong quantitative skills, able to answer brain teasers, perform mental calculations and deep dive in a P&L easily
- Collaborative style and networking skills
- High energy, autonomous and resourceful: able to autonomously find your way to crack a topic and find alternative solutions/workarounds
- Clear and structured communication: ability to take a step back and answer questions in a structured and argumentative way
- Salesy: ability to seduce, make sure people want to work with you (will help for both entrepreneurs and building your own network)
- Native in Spanish, fluent in English
- Ability and willingness to work from Barcelona 3+ days a week
- First screening interview with the HR Team
- Meeting with our CSO (20 min, business sense)
- Second interview with Isabelle (45 min, fit)
- Case with a Principal
- Final meeting with Founding Partner Maximilien Bacot
- Offer to join our exciting journey
What we offer
- Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial minded European Venture Capital Fund with great ambition
- Work in an inspiring and friendly environment directly with partners
- Competitive salary base + Bonus (qualitative & commissions) and Carried
- Sports benefits (Gympass)
- Health Insurance 100% covered
- Hybrid work policy (Remote/Office)
- Cross Continental Team & Team buildings
- Great coworking space - central with rooftop
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We propel pioneering and purpose-driven founders from idea to impact. Together we’re working towards a world where tech entrepreneurship has catalysed...