US Portfolio Principal
At Entrepreneur First (“EF”), we believe that a small number of exceptional people will have an extraordinary impact by creating the technology companies which shape the future in ways we cannot yet imagine. We also believe that for many of these individuals, entrepreneurship is not an obvious or entirely legible career path.
We exist to identify, and amplify the impact of, these individuals. We do this via our unique approach to company creation, which sees us identify and work with outliers before they even know they’re outliers, right through to the day they prove it. We call this Talent Investing.
The companies built at EF are now worth over $10bn. They include Tractable (a computer vision unicorn), Magic Pony Technology (AI, acquired by Twitter for a reported $150m), Omnipresent (future of work, valued at $700m after 2.5 years), Ochre Bio (biotech), Dishpatch (food delivery, raised Series A from a16z after 6 months), Opply (supply chain), Voltz (DeFi), and many more.
EF is funded and backed by some of the world's best founders and investors, including Patrick and John Collison (Stripe), Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn), Tom Blomfield (GoCardless and Monzo) and Demis Hassabis (Google Deepmind).We’re looking for the next generation of Talent Investors to join us, and enable the world’s most exceptional people to fulfil their potential.
This is an exciting role that serves as the primary owner for one of our most critical functions - working closely with our portfolio companies globally to support them through fundraising in the US. We are looking for someone to lead and work with startups who are planning to raise in the US and engage the investor community. This role carries a large amount of responsibility as you will be directly supporting teams across the globe, communicating directly with GMs from each site, and building a pipeline of US investor networks. You will be helping unlock equity value for EF’s portfolio as well as how founders communicate with the investor community. We are looking for an exceptional individual with startup experience that has ideally raised US capital or extensive background in venture capital.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Work directly with top teams planning to raise from US investors
You’ll work closely with founders across all sites (London, Paris, Berin and Bangalore) as well as our new North American cohort in order to get them ready for US fundraising. This means being able to quickly understand what each team is building and selling, how to put together the best story / narrative to investors, reviewing pitch decks and negotiating terms. Because our teams are sector agnostic (meaning everything from b2c to b2b SaaS to deeptech), this role requires you to be immersed both in depth and breadth of the tech ecosystem.
2. Build out and own existing and new network relationships
You will be building relationships with investors, including prominent/top-tier funds and angels in the investor community. This means really understanding each investor’s thesis to make sure “investor-founder-business” fit is there, specifically introducing the right teams for each investor.
3. Work closely with a complex group of internal stakeholders
As this is a central role that supports all sites, you will be working closely with EF’s General Managers and Leads to ensure all team members globally have an understanding of the US fundraising strategy and teams that will be supported throughout each fundraising cycle called “Global Reveal”.
WHO YOU ARE
- Exceptional storyteller. You have an incredible skill of being able to understand any business, translate it into an easy narrative for investors to understand and coach teams to execute on it.
- You are a relationship builder. It’s crucial that investors (VCs and angels) continue to have a positive relationship with EF and that you continue to build our network and investor rolodex.
- A customer-centric approach that shapes your thinking to ensure founders are always getting the best experience at EF. This passion translates into having an understanding of and empathy for early-stage fundraising process.
- You have a keen understanding and interest of technology, startups, entrepreneurship and venture capital.
- Excellent communicator as this role requires working with cross-functional and cross-geography teams.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: You'll meet key representatives from our US and global leadership teams. More will be confirmed in our first contact with you.
- WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive salary and generous upside potential based on performance
- The opportunity to supercharge your learning by working with a diverse global team across Europe, Asia and North America
- Attractive holiday allowance
- Enhanced parental leave, plus broader leave policies. We care about our team and enabling the right balance between home and working life.
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a wide variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature, including but not limited to: discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The best place in the world to meet your co-founder and build a startup from scratch.