Venture Development Manager
Brinc is a global venture firm that combines accelerators, funds, and a worldwide network to drive the success of entrepreneurs building the defining companies of tomorrow. Through active engagement with startups that contribute positively to humankind and the planet, we seek investment opportunities with the objective to enhance long-term value creation, generate attractive financial returns and drive societal, environmental, and technological innovation.
We have offices globally across major emerging entrepreneurial hubs, including Hong Kong, Bahrain, China, India, and Singapore. To date, we have invested in and supported the growth of more than 200 startups that demonstrably contribute to solving global challenges across Food & Water Security, Healthcare, Climate Change, Urbanization, Connectivity, Transportation, and Financial Inclusion. Over the next 5 years, we’ll invest in at least 1,000 new companies, furthering our efforts to support more entrepreneurs that are dedicated to solving the world’s toughest challenges.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Venture Development Manager to work closely with Brinc's leadership team across the globe in developing relationships with high-impact corporates, universities, governments, technology companies, entrepreneurs, and investors.
The Venture Development Manager is a cross-functional role between the strategy for core business operations (e.g. accelerator programs, funds, strategic acquisitions, portfolio collaborations, franchise partnerships, deal scouting, etc) and for developing new venture projects (i.e., projects that are adjacent to our core business). Therefore, it involves both strategic planning in the conventional sense, as well as the room to be creative in coming up with experimental venture ideas, engaging potential partners at events, providing tailored industry insights to Brinc leadership, as well as facilitating collaboration opportunities for the strategic success across multiple Brinc stakeholders around the world.
This is a unique opportunity to gain exposure and understand the growth drivers behind different industry verticals across FoodTech, Blockchain, NFT, Metaverse, Decentralized Finance, Gaming, to name a few.
What you will do:
- Deliver insights that facilitate senior executives to make critical decisions - you will have exposure to senior executives at Brinc. You will make recommendations on critical decisions based on your analysis of what’s driving our performance
- Brainstorm with colleagues & experts from diverse backgrounds to identify opportunities where Brinc offerings and/or portfolio companies can help potential partners achieve their goals
- Report on the performance of different core business operations at Brinc and generate insights for senior management (e.g., key P&L drivers of the business, possible improvements, and recommendations on new business areas we could consider if applicable)
- Navigate complex and consultative sales cycles with a variety of stakeholders, managing the opportunity lifecycle from ideation to closing a sale
- Work with global Sales teams to define target verticals, ensure client satisfaction and consistently drive the overall quality of the Brinc brand
- Secure a pipeline of new strategic opportunities through market analysis, outside calls, and relationship development
- Collaborate with leadership to establish additional Brinc franchises in new locations, develop accelerator sponsorship opportunities, launch new venture capital funds, sell corporate innovation products and establish additional revenue streams
- Collaborate across portfolio, accelerators, funds, and sales to identify key areas across the Brinc platform that can be used to give insight and learnings to partners
- Support sales teams in driving partner strategies and execution by working closely with Brinc leadership teams to exceed revenue goals while fostering a culture of excellence
- Proven track record of 5-7 years of work experience in fast-paced environments that require strong problem-solving & strategic thinking, such as management consulting, venture capital, fintech other startups
- Strong interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital, ideally with experience in FoodTech, Alternative Protein, Climate Technology, Blockchain, NFT, Metaverse, Decentralized Finance, Gaming, etc.
- Experience in effectively engaging senior stakeholders, e.g., providing deliverables (e.g., key P&L drivers of the business, possible improvements) directly to C-suite executives
- Effective communicator with clarity & confidence, e.g. experiences in communicating with senior stakeholders, public presentations and/or teaching, a portfolio of writing samples, etc.
- Proficient in oral & written English
- Ensures accountability with self and others
- Experience in driving continuous process improvement and operational efficiency
- Experience or credentials in finance/accounting/engineering or product management a plus (but not necessary)
- The opportunity to join a growing venture investor at an early stage and to make a significant impact in its development
- Work in an inspiring environment and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Work for a purpose-driven organization that uses an ESG investment framework in order to help solve the world's most pressing issues by backing and supporting game-changing entrepreneurs
The interview process:
Brinc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, nor any other basis prohibited by law. Brinc’s interview process is objective, where all candidates complete a Testgorilla assessment, a 30-minute online bias-free assessment that enables applicant screening only against job and company requirements. Upon completed a member of the Brinc team will reach out to inform you about the potential next steps of the process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Brinc is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at sc...