Partner 20, Editorial, Venture Fund
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
We’re looking for a strong editorial partner to help edit content and drive content strategy for Andreessen Horowitz’s Venture and Seed funds. As part of the a16z venture marketing team, the editorial partner will work directly with firm partners, subject matter experts, portfolio companies, and other stakeholders to create and edit content across a variety of different formats, including articles, newsletters, presentations, videos, website copy, interactive graphics, and more. They will also collaborate with internal teams, including design, marketing operations, and social media, and external vendors to deliver on content goals.
We’re pro-future and pro-technology, and we’re seeking a highly competent and nimble editor who is passionate about the opportunity for new technology to continue to drive innovation and positive change in the world.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Work with a team of incredibly smart investors and subject matter experts to tell the stories of a rapidly evolving tech landscape.
- Help translate complex ideas into clear, concise, and compelling prose to engage and inform a variety of disparate audiences.
- Write catchy and engaging headlines and subheadlines to capture readers’ interest
- Experiment with different forms of media, including audio, video, interactive graphics, and social media, to tell impactful stories.
- Run and measure editorial experiments, leveraging analytics to iterate and to grow our audience.
- Own and manage a comprehensive editorial calendar.
- 8+ years of experience in journalism, editing, corporate communications, and/or a related field, with management experience that spans internal and external contributors and agencies.
- Editorial judgment and deep intellectual curiosity about the tech industry, ideally on consumer tech or fintech, and a willingness to closely follow developments in each area.
- Strong ability to work autonomously, juggle multiple deadlines, prioritize competing tasks, and get things done.
- High professionalism and EQ; low ego along with an ability to collaborate effectively and diplomatically with investors and subject-matter experts to shape content and maintain their voice and perspective.
- Detail-oriented with a high regard for accuracy, including fact-checking and following style guides.
- Working knowledge of Wordpress/different CMS platforms and current SEO strategies and techniques.
- A builder mindset. We are reimaging what content looks like at a16z venture and creating a new program for a16z seed.
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $210,000-$245,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z Carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave. #LI-Remote
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future throu...