Venture and Innovation Associate
Launch Factory is an early-stage investment firm that provides capital at company formation alongside carefully selected founders and corporate partners. The firm works with selected founders with a proven track record. Our leadership team is comprised of accomplished entrepreneurs and investors, allowing us to provide our portfolio companies with comprehensive support and guidance.
We are looking for an associate to join our team. The successful candidate will actively shape market investment theses, attract and select founders, and validate new business opportunities. This role offers ownership and exposure to critical investor and operator responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify emerging segments with potential for high-growth startups.
- Lead primary and secondary research to evaluate target markets and start-up opportunities.
- Isolate valuable pain points and unmet needs that define new market entry opportunities.
- Reach and interview experts, and target customers to validate internal assumptions.
- Elaborate and clearly present new investment theses for each vertical of interest.
- Support our portfolio companies to guide decision-making
Qualifications and Experience
We seek someone with an excellent track record, an ownership mindset, and a keen eye for detail. We will focus on candidates who are resourceful, curious, and strong critical thinkers.
- Previous experience in at a Startup, VC Firm, Investment Bank, or Consulting Firm
- Have (or be willing to build) a network of investors and operators
- Familiarity with design-thinking framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate with senior stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience using Crunchbase & Pitchbook is a plus
- Desire to be a VC or founder of a startup one day
- Minimum 3 years of work experience, MBA or equivalent is a plus.
The position is based in San Diego, CA.
Launch Factory brings together talented founders, elite advisors, seed capital, vetted technology, and an accelerator program to give entrepreneurs th...