Venture Capital Associate
Betatron Venture Group is a growing venture capital firm with offices in Hong Kong and Singapore. We invest across Asia (excluding China) into B2B tech companies who are modernizing traditional industries such as logistics, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and construction.
Betatron is looking to hire a team member in Singapore to help find, assess, negotiate and manage new investments.
As an Associate or Senior Associate, your job entails:
- Networking: Building relationships for the fund with other venture funds, accelerators, partners, and portfolio founders.
- Sourcing: Generate deal flow by hunting companies, cultivating relationships in startup communities throughout Asia, and encouraging companies to seek funding from us.
- Thesis Development: Continuously refine an informed point of view on how the world will change in our areas of interest.
- Selecting Deals: Review decks, hear live pitches, conduct due diligence, and write investment memos for the Investment Committee.
- Public Thought Leadership: Writing, speaking, judging events, coaching companies, and representing the fund at public events.
- Everything Else: We operate like a startup, so we all wear multiple hats. This is an entrepreneurial environment that welcomes new ideas and high energy.
We’re looking for candidates with the following experience:
- Experience in venture capital. You have at least 3 years experience working in venture capital or related industries (private equity, corporate venture, venture debt, accelerators, incubators) and are familiar with how the industry operates.
- Strong analytical skills. You are comfortable building and evaluating financial models, parsing through data rooms, and identifying potential issues.
- Exposure to Asia. We invest into early-stage companies across Asia (excluding China), so extensive travel, network, and understanding of Asian markets is important.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. You’re comfortable with public speaking, writing for a professional audience, and crafting compelling arguments.
- Attention to detail. You will be required to understand, interpret, and help create contracts, investment notes and investor updates.
- Curiosity. You are enthusiastic about constantly learning about new industries, technologies and business models.
- Tenacity. Betatron looks at up to 5,000 deals each year. You have the intellectual endurance and interest to hear and read pitches day in and day out.
- Emotional intelligence. You can work peacefully with a team, can handle different personality types without friction, and you do not need the spotlight.
- Open mind, open heart. There’s no room on our team for people who hold sexist, racist, or ableist views, or traffic in conspiratorial thinking.
- Singapore with some flexibility to work remotely
- Full time
- Starts ASAP
- Based on experience:
- Base pay
- Potential for carry in the fund
- English fluency, preferably fluent in one other regional language
- University degree (non-finance degrees welcome)
- You are legally permitted to live and work in Singapore
Betatron Venture Group invests in early-stage, Asia-focused companies. We're hands-on and committed to helping our founders grow.