Venture Capital Associate or Manager
Australia’s leading climate tech venture capital firm, Virescent Ventures, is looking for an Investment Associate or Investment Manager to join the team. The role will be either Investment Associate or Investment Manager depending on the level of experience (with the possibility of hiring both roles).
You will join a team that has invested in and manages a portfolio of some of Australia’s leading climate tech innovators, including hydrogen electrolyser developer Hysata, agtech startup Loam, novel lithium extraction and refining company Novalith, EV charging infrastructure company JET Charge, glassless solar module developer Sunman and more.
As part of our team, you will work closely with the partners across all aspects of the investment process, ranging from reviewing and analysing investment opportunities, to executing transactions, to monitoring and managing portfolio companies through to exit.
In this role you will:
- Meet with founders and teams developing technologies with the potential to make a meaningful impact on climate change and to generate strong commercial returns
- Review investment pitches and frame investment recommendations
- Deep dive into emerging technologies and markets
- Research industry trends, market size, competing technologies
- Interview customers, industry experts, and other market participants
- Create venture relevant financial models including valuation and cap tables
- Write investment recommendations
- Review legal documents
- Manage transaction processes and multiple stakeholders
- Assist with portfolio companies where required, including special projects, assessing follow-on investments, and preparing / helping with exit
- Recommend and make follow-on investments into portfolio companies
- Support investor reporting
You will be a highly motivated person, comfortable working with entrepreneurs and comfortable working in a small fast-paced team. You will be curious, inquisitive and have a passion for learning. You will be good at interpreting and analysing information and comfortable with a level of ambiguity given the focus on early-stage companies. You will have critical thinking skills and the ability to assemble diverse data sources to creatively test and verify claims. You will have excellent communication skills, both oral and written. You will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to form relationships with your peers at portfolio companies. You will be a strong networker and always gathering industry information. You will have a deep passion for the climate tech industry combined with a drive to achieve strong commercial returns. You will have a strong attention to detail and strive for accuracy. You will be a highly ethical person, with high integrity who reflects well on Virescent in the investment and start-up communities.
Qualifications in finance, law, science, or engineering are desirable but not essential. Former experience working in venture capital, management consulting, corporate finance or for a start-up is also a plus.
Virescent Ventures is committed to hiring people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- diverse work with a high level of intellectual stimulation
- opportunity to work directly with visionary entrepreneurs on impactful and commercial climate technologies
- hybrid work: primarily working from the office (ideally Sydney CBD, with option also for Melbourne CBD) to increase interaction with colleagues, with flexibility to work from home
- attractive remuneration package
Applications are not yet open but will be so in the coming days; please check back shortly. In the meantime, feel free to reach out with any queries on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virescent Ventures invests in founders, technologies, and businesses that help achieve zero emissions and beyond.