Program Manager - gBETA Urban League
Location: Reno, NV
Hear from a few of our Program Managers on the Skills team!
gener8tor’s turnkey platform for the creative economy connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, skills accelerators, conferences and fellowships.
gener8tor Skills Accelerator programs help job seekers rebuild their confidence and develop new skill-sets in a variety of top technologies. By participating in the program, job seekers can earn free or low cost certifications to help distinguish themselves as job applicants. This is a challenging time, use it to gain valuable skills to advance your careers and earning ability!
- Career coach 15 participants in cohorts of 30+.
- Plan logistics and execute Skills Accelerator program in the region.
- Work directly with a career coach to provide logistical program management and guidance.
- Recruit and select participants for the cohorts you manage.
- Continuously support Skills Accelerator participants and graduates through ongoing career coaching and guidance.
- Work closely with the management team to develop new strategies, assess program strengths and address areas for improvement.
- Be actively engaged within the Reno, NV community to support recruitment and employment placement efforts.
- Build relationships with partners, participants, corporations and learning specialists.
- Support your gener8tor teammates across all gener8tor programs.
- 2+ years experience working as a manager of a team.
- 2+ years of career coaching experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities and relationships.
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly dive into creating the best possible experience for Skills Accelerator participants.
- Authentic commitment to equity across race, place and gender.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel and work some nights and weekends.
- A “no job is beneath me” mentality.
- At least one year of program management or product management experience is a plus.
- Located in Reno, NV
At gener8tor we…
- See genius in every community. Across race, place and gender, we believe the company has a chance to accomplish a generational challenge in bridging genius with opportunity.
- Never self-defeat and have a “play to win” mentality. We revolve everything we do around helping the entrepreneurs in our programs.
- Are curious. We work hard to find hidden gems others overlook.
- Believe no job is beneath us. We wipe down the tables and load up the U-Hauls with enthusiasm. Work as a team to get $#!^ done!
- Strive for “that guy emailed me.” We share a commitment to take a bottom-up approach to building strong, personal, 1-1 relationships. We believe that the best way to quality is through quantity.
To apply, please fill out the form below.
We strongly encourage candidates who are Black, indigenous, people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, those with previous felony convictions and others who identify as being from an underrepresented group to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any of the above characteristics or others protected by law.
Striving to be the best partner for a community to create wealth and jobs by investing in its best and brightest, we build entire ecosystems of entrep...