B Capital is looking for a Finance Associate to join the Los Angeles based team. The Finance Associate will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager in ManCo and should be capable of taking on additional responsibilities from the CFO and finance team members as the position progresses. This position is a great opportunity to gain a broad range of experience within a growing venture capital firm.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a key member of lean internal finance team including contributing and participating in team meetings
- Oversee accounts payable process, ensure accurate coding and expense allocations. Work with fund administrators to ensure allocation rules are up to date.
- Oversee employee expense report platform ensuring compliance with B Capital’s expense policy and proper CDR approvals
- Oversee travel platform policy and travel bookings
- Maintain vendor subscription matrix and work closely with compliance/legal to keep up to date
- Fiduciary responsibility over firm spend. Oversee firm expense policy and continually identify opportunities to reduce expenses.
- Various monthly reports including employee spend, events, fund expense allocations and other reports as needed
- Perform month-end close duties including bank reconciliations, journal entries, expense allocations, expense report exports. Comply with tight month-end close schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly executive summary
- Onboarding/offboarding process for various finance related platforms and corporate AMEX card
- Collaborate with internal and external accounting teams to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Liaise with fund administrators for expense reimbursements and management fee calculations
- Assist with Treasury management including line of credit, borrowings, paydowns, interest accruals, bank account opening/closing
- Assist in developing budgets and monitoring and forecasting cash flows
- Supports development of internal financial controls and their implementation
- Assist fund team in new fund launches including onboarding service providers, opening bank accounts, and coordinating with internal and external legal counsel on entity formation and fund documents
- Assist fund team with annual audit and tax processes
- Assist with additional ad hoc projects as needed
- Proactively look for ways to streamline or improve processes
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-4 years of experience in public accounting and/or fund accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and QuickBooks Online
- Prior experience with consolidated reporting a plus
- Prior experience interacting with investors and limited partners or institutional fundraise a plus
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Ability to use discretion when working with confidential and sensitive information regarding the company, executive management, and investors
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Results oriented with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and deliver projects in a timely manner
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, proactive and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital is a multi-stage global investment firm that partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs to shape the future through technology. With more than $6 billion in assets under management across multiple funds, the firm focuses on seed to late-stage venture growth investments, primarily in the enterprise, financial technology, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2015, B Capital leverages an integrated team across nine locations in the US and Asia, as well as a strategic partnership with BCG, to provide the value-added support entrepreneurs need to scale fast and efficiently, expand into new markets, and build exceptional companies. For more information, click here.
B CAPITAL GROUP CORE VALUES:
- B Honest & Trustworthy - Our people and our culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other. We speak the truth with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, are intellectually open, and are constantly learning and growing.
- B Open & Inclusive - Our diverse composition gives us broad and varied perspectives that drive better investments. We find ways to better ourselves and our communities, increasing transparency, fairness, and respect in every interaction. We thrive on the unique qualities of our people, and how together, these qualities make us special.
- B Collaborative - We believe in we vs I, and operate as one global team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and that we are better together. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- B Bold - We take risks and understand that at times we may fail. We learn from our failures; we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- B Humble - We are humble and believe in winning together with gratitude, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. We are low ego, and lift each other up.
- B Persistent - When we get knocked down, we rise back up. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that only grit can help us overcome. We know our individual and collective goals and won’t stop short of achieving them.
- B Evolving - We innovate and advocate with boundless curiosity and creativity. We always have a startup mentality.
A multi-stage, international investment firm founded in 2015. Investing in companies transforming large traditional industries across borders and geog...