Venture Capital Associate
Altavia is the leading independent international group specialising in commercial communication for the retail sector.
Altavia Adventures is the Corporate VC of Altavia Group. We invest corporate funds directly in early stage, high growth potential, digital solutions for the retail industry. We are particularly interested in investing in SaaS and Marketplace companies from CSR impact, data and IA, 3D AR VR and solutions for visual assets management, Digital solutions for Packaging, Publishing, POS, Merchandising.
Altavia Adventures is a new CVC led by an Entrepreneur. Our track record is 2 successful exits and 8 companies in our portfolio. We are accelerating our development by dedicating more funds to startup investments, focusing on synergies between Altavia Group and the startups in our portfolio and being an international active partner thanks to our local business units.
You will be a key member of the team bringing a strong financial know-how acquired through her/his experience within a VC firm. The job offers the opportunity to quickly take more responsibilities. You will participate in the investment committees and will work in close relationship with the decision makers of Altavia Group.
You will be responsible for covering all steps of investment projects from target identification to deal execution to portfolio followup:
- Deaflow management: Spend a large part of your time sourcing new deals and forming relationships with entrepreneurs in our target sectors and markets. Manage the CRM (pipedrive) to track deal flow progress and select best opportunities.
- Deal assessment & due diligence: Be on the deal team for new investments, supporting market, financial, and commercial due diligence processes. Advising and challenging deal rationale, financial projections and financial implications. Work closely with the internal finance and legal teams, external financial advisors and legal counsel to close deals
- Portfolio support & synergies: Participating in creating synergies between the Altavia group and our startups. Support our startups & track their performance through board meetings
- Market deep dives: Undertaking market research to write white papers on transformative topics for the Altavia Group
- Assist the Altavia Group on transversal missions: Support the M&A Team on Tech topics, helps BUs in their transformative challenges (CSR, clients requests on specific Tech questions etc.)
- Represent Altavia Adventures in the startup ecosystem and assist in various internal activities across the firm and external events
- Master’s degree in Finance, MBA, Grande Ecole
- Strong financial modeling skills is key, with the ability to drive business decisions using modeling/analysis
- Strong communication skills: you need to be able to convey your thinking effectively, internally and externally
- Fluent in French & English both written & verbal
- 2+ years (internship + full-time professional experiences) as an analyst in VC or M&A Tech
- High energy, enthusiastic, high quality interpersonal skills, with the ability to excel in an entrepreneurial environment,
- Excellent knowledge of investments and markets
- Love tech and startups, curious. Understand SaaS and Marketplace business models, Tech and startups.
- Self-starter and resilient attitude.
The premises of Saint Ouen, it is a decoration and an architecture with the top just a step from the chips!
A large open-air hall with very pleasant and friendly spaces, equipped meeting rooms, an Atrium, an outdoor patio for breaks, our "Human Café", etc.
What we are offering: (to be completed example)
Telecommuting 2 days a week, meal vouchers, health insurance, etc.
Nearby transportation: the M° 13 and 14 lines are 10' away
Free access to the outside parking lot for cars, bikes, etc.
Participation in various events on the site, such as the week of well-being at work, etc.
Current events: (example: the follow-up of the Route du Rhum with our skipper on the boat "Comme un seul homme, powered by Altavia" ⛵️)
Altavia, a committed and engaged Group.
Diversity is a strength that we cultivate.
Our Group promotes a policy of diversity and equality, and attaches great importance to the identification and development of all talents.
We are committed to the skipper Eric Bellion and "Stand as One" powered by Altavia. " ⛵️
To be negotiated based on candidate profile and experience
👉🏻 Please, send a resume and application letter in English.
We are waiting for you !
Altavia Adventures Team
We are the venture capital arm of Altavia Group, the leading independent international group specializing in commercial communication for the retail s...