Republic is a financial technology firm that allows everyone to invest in private markets. Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $800 million in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises a community of over 1.5M users across 100 countries. Republic is backed by dozens of leading investment firms and financial institutions, and its affiliated entities have co-invested with the best names in venture and private equity. Founded in 2016, Republic is headquartered in New York City with offices worldwide.
We’re looking for a Investment Associate to join Republic’s rapidly growing Investment Team. You’ll work with high growth businesses early in their life cycle, and support our team with deal sourcing, due diligence, sales calls/operations, and strategic growth initiatives. You’ll gain unique exposure to the US startup and VC investment ecosystem while learning business skills invaluable to any high-growth company.
Our team needs a scrappy, motivated and fast learner who is aligned with Republic’s mission to democratize startup investing.
What You’ll Do
- Outbound prospecting through the form of events, networking, and demo-days to generate new opportunities.
- Manage inbound leads with the focus of driving high conversion rates
- Sell and onboard companies to leverage Republic’s various products
- Follow sales and onboarding processes accurately to maximise yearly sales volumes
- Identify relevant new business opportunities, while highlighting Republic’s broad value proposition
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Republic, retail industry trends, and our competition
- Manage, tracking, and reporting on all sales activities and results using Salesforce
- Source and close high quality startups to raise capital on our investment platform
- Develop platform education materials for founders & partners
- Perform due diligence & support venture investment decisions
- Cross sell and upsell products and features through deep discovery, education and product onboarding support
- Support alumni engagement and portfolio tracking
Our ideal candidate
- New York Based - This position is based in our NYC Flatiron office.
- Sales chops - Comfort with outbound prospecting through the form of events, networking, and demo-days to generate new opportunities.
- P assion for tech – You have a demonstrated interest in the world of startups.
- Strong communicator – You can communicate well both internally (with your Investment team colleagues and other team leads) and externally (with clients and partners).
- Organizational superpowers – You can manage multiple workflows, maintain a tight control of your inbox, and know how to shephard stakeholders through every stage of a deal.
- Get it done attitude – You are scrappy, resourceful, and relentless, doing what needs to be done to drive success for your team and for the business.
- Salesforce or other CRM - You’re comfortable and have experience leveraging Salesforce or another CRM to support your efforts.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience preferably in PE/VC/Consulting or 2+ years of Sales or Account Management experience, with a track record of success in SaaS sales, customer retention and relationship management.
Our business is accelerating at a rapid pace. Republic is a venture-backed company with real traction across crowdfunding, private investing options and crypto. We recently closed a $150M Series B funding led by Valor Equity Partners.
Attracting and retaining the very best people is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer our team best-in-class benefits, including fully-subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance, a 4% 401(k) match, free access to Talkspace, OneMedical, weekly virtual meditation sessions, a monthly fitness stipend up to $100, weekly catered lunch, a learning and development stipend, and more. Seriously–we don’t mess around when it comes to taking care of our own.
Currently, the estimated base salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000 + On Track Earnings. When finalizing an offer, we take into consideration an individual’s experience level, location and qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package.
Invest in the future you believe in. Access highly-vetted investment opportunities in startups, real estate, video games, and crypto.