Summer 2023 Technology Investment Internship/Co-op
Sixty Degree Capital is a premier venture-growth equity fund based in Toronto, Canada. We invest in Series A to Pre-IPO companies in North America, across software innovation, digital infrastructure, biotech and pharma.
About the role:
Sixty Degree Capital is hiring students to join our technology investment practice in Toronto, Canada.
This position is an exciting opportunity for young talent with some relevant work experience in the technology/venture capital/growth equity space. The intern will assist the investment associates in analyzing investment opportunities aligned with our tech investment thesis. Investing in software innovation that is transforming traditional industries and digital infrastructure that enables such transformation. Some recent deals that our tech team has worked on include MacroMeta (database on the cloud edge), Pragma (backend as a service for live service gaming), and DataGrail (data privacy automation), alongside legacy investments in popular companies such as Lime (mobility).
What you'll do:
- Your core focus will be in assisting with screening and diligence tasks, including market, product, technology, and financial analysis of fast growing technology companies
- Additionally, you will have opportunities to contribute to origination, screening, due diligence, modeling, investment memo preparation, and investment committee presentations for new investments
- Occasionally you will also be require to complete detailed research presentations for the team for specific technology and market areas
What you’ll get:
- Exposure to all aspects of a venture capital deal process including origination, screening, due diligence, modeling, networking, investment memo preparation
- Work on highly desirable tech deals from Silicon Valley
- Gain exposure to, and learn from, our portfolio of fund investments in Silicon Valley, which covers many of the world's top venture capital brands
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in Venture Capital, and/or technology
- Technical background and/or education in our areas of investment interest strongly preferred (such as cloud, data infrastructure, dev-ops, AI/ML, and other enterprise SaaS and digital infrastructure areas)
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- Exceptionally curious and driven, with the ability to balance competing priorities, work independently and thrive in a high-performance team environment with demanding deadlines
- Strong preference if currently pursuing a post graduate designation (Master's or Doctoral Degrees)
Should you need accommodation during recruitment process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting closes February 28 2023 @ 11:59PM
$25.00 - $45.00
Your application has been successfully submitted.