Fundraising Associate, Techstars Cities of the Future
As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
As the Fundraising Associate for the Torino Cities of the Future Techstars Accelerator your role is to prepare the startups to fundraise and engage the investor community. This includes assisting companies on creating investment decks, executive summaries, and financial models as well as preparing and tracking a fundraising pipeline. You will use both your business and finance skills to help create and build meaningful relationships between our companies, VC’s and angel investors. You should have experience in venture capital and/or investment banking.
Location and Timing
Torino, Italy, from February to May 2023.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc
- BA in business or finance and minimum 1-2 years relevant experience at venture capital firms working on deal sourcing, financial modeling or similar (Both full time and internships accepted)
- Familiarity with the European VC landscape is a big plus
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Authorized to work as a contractor in Italy
- Currently live in Turin or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program
- Fluent in English
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed.