Lead, MENA Market Strategy
We uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship.
Who We Are
500 Global is a venture capital firm with $2.7B in assets under management that invests in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We work closely with key stakeholders and advise governments and corporations on how best to support entrepreneurial ecosystems so startups can thrive. 500 Global has backed over 5,000 founders representing more than 2,700 companies operating in 81 countries. We have invested in 49 companies valued at over $1 billion and 150+ companies valued at over $100 million (including private, public, and exited companies). Our 180+ team members are located in 27 countries and bring experience as entrepreneurs, investors, and operators from some of the world’s leading technology companies.
500 Global is seeking a Lead for Market Strategy in MENA. Leveraging strategy development, planning, and client engagement skills, this role will manage relationships with key external and internal stakeholders on expansion and development of our program and education initiatives.
- Playing a key role in defining, scoping, and managing 500 Global’s strategic engagements in the MENA region and other target regions.
- Developing and managing relationships with key external clients, focusing on ongoing engagements and partnership opportunities.
- Serving as a consistent, reliable, and proactive thought partner and collaborator with 500 Global’s internal teams and our external partners, and building strong and trusted relationships with key clients and stakeholders.
- Analyzing market trends in venture capital and startup ecosystems within MENA and globally, to optimize our programmatic and educational initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in strategy development, market-entry, and business development and delivery, ideally within a leading strategy consulting firm or similar professional environment.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, both independently and within a team, and to prioritize, multitask, and perform effectively in a highly dynamic work environment.
- Ability to handle high volumes of information and processing with a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, and project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and to both oversee and support resources from various teams (both in-house and external vendors) from around the world. Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to navigate conflict while speaking with honesty and empathy.
- Outstanding client management skills and proven ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with clients, and to understand the priorities, sensitivities, and nuances of a complex landscape of private and public sector entities related to startup ecosystems.
- Ability to travel as required to engage with clients, partners, and internal teams.
- In-depth understanding of MENA markets and a high level of cultural sensitivity and adaptability, fostering relationships in diverse international settings.
- Given the focus on the MENA region, proficiency in Arabic would be considered a plus.
500 Global does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
500 Global collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details. If you are a California Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.
We invest across the Middle East and Africa. 500 Global has been investing in MENA founders since 2012. We review more deals than just about anyone, w...