Sequel is a community of the world’s best athletes investing in the world’s best startups, making a positive impact.
We are on a mission to help athletes build legacies for their families and for the world.
Sequel is a seed-stage company founded and backed by experienced serial entrepreneurs with several successful exits.
A world-class team is looking for its first full-time operations hire to help us build our investment and company operations.
- Ownership of legal and compliance functions in the business
- Ownership of post-sourcing investment process
- Optimising post-investment engagement between Founders and Members to help accelerate portfolio companies
We are here to win - not just to take part. Just like our clients who operate at the elite level of sport, we understand that in order to win; we need to put in the work. This means going the extra mile, being willing to do what others will not and holding ourselves to a higher standard. Some companies play to not lose, we play to win. We are proactive, decisive and have the courage to take risks.
We pay it forward - we are always helpful. To customers, to partners and most importantly to each other. Not because it will ‘pay back’, because it’s the right thing to do.
We are adaptable - we understand in a world that is changing faster than ever before - the only constant is change. The average lifespan of a Fortune 100 company in 1958 was 61 years, now it is 18 years. We adapt to a changing world, constantly iterating, moving forward and staying relevant.
Yes first - we are on a mission to build something which has never been done before from the ground up. It will be a hard journey full of challenges which are currently unsolved. Our culture is defined by the fact that when we are confronted with challenges, we work from the assumption that it is possible to overcome them.
We are transparent - we challenge each other. Regardless of title, seniority or reporting lines. We give feedback and we are hungry to receive it. We value honest feedback delivered with kindness, and we value people who ask questions.
We always trust, respect and care for each other - it’s no easy feat working in a startup, let alone one with goals as ambitious as ours. At sequel we believe no one is ever too busy to support fellow team members and that we should always be helpful, inclusive and selfless in the way we work. Diversity of background and thought is celebrated as we respect and appreciate what makes us all different. We don’t tolerate free riders, egos or workplace politics.
- A top percentile performer with a hunger to build something big and work in a team of top performers who will push you to constantly improve
- A brilliant communicator with an ability to drive exceptional results in others around you
- Adaptable and willing to roll up your sleeves and work on time consuming and repetitive processes understanding we are an early stage startup
- You have an existing passion for or an interest in learning more about the worlds of startup investing and professional sport
- A keen eye for building scalable processes to systematise operations within the company
- An understanding of the startup investing landscape and process for investing in companies
- A basic understanding of legal and compliance requirements for investment platforms in the US and UK
- 3+ years working at a startup in an operations role
- Knowledge of startup investment processes, terms and legal documentation
- 💰 Meaningful options package
- 🏥 Private healthcare
- 🧘 We offer perks through Juno, a holistic perks platform
- 🍼 Generous parental leave policy
- 🏢 We believe our best work is done together in the office, but we offer flexibility for team members to work up to 1 day per week at home
- 💻 Choose your own equipment you want to work with
- 🏝 25 days off + bank holidays
- 📚 £500 per year learning and development budget
Sequel is a community of the world's best athletes investing in the world's best startups, making a positive impact.