Venture Capital Analyst
GBM, Grupo Bursátil Mexicano, is Mexico’s largest brokerage firm. GBM is a publicly traded company with 35 years of industryleading experience in trading, wealth management, private banking and investing banking in Mexico. In recent times, GBM’s digital products have experienced exponential growth, which led to an association with one of the biggest technology funds in the world, the Softbank Group. Whether through our leading-edge technology or our legacy in financial services, GBM’s mission remains unchanged: to unleash the financial potential of Mexicans. GBM Ventures is the team that leads GBM's private investments.
GBM Ventures manages three investment strategies: Venture Capital, Private Equity and Funds Management for international VC and PE funds. Leveraging the experience of the team, we aim to add not only financial value, but also provide our long-term strategic and operational muscle to the entrepreneurs and funds with whom we partner.
As Senior Analyst / Associate in GBM Ventures you will play a key role throughout the investment cycle of our portfolio companies and funds. You will have a hands-on approach to managing our VC and PE strategies. Starting with sourcing and evaluation, you will meet founders and translate their ideas into financial models that will help us identify the best investments opportunities. You will actively work along the executive teams of our portfolio companies in strategic initiatives, such as product line optimization, assessment of new distribution channels, and performance tracking of key operating metrics. You will create forecasts and financial projections for budgeting discussions, prepare founders for further capital raising, and eventually, participate in exit events. In our funds management strategy, you will meet with international top-fund managers, assess their competitive advantages, create benchmarks, and help materialize our investment thesis.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities, perform financial modeling and due diligence of opportunities, as well as developing investment presentations for the Investment Committee.
- Support the team with thorough financial analysis for strategic and value creation initiatives for the portfolio companies.
- Research industries, geographies, and trends, keeping a close eye on innovation and technology. Help with portfolio management, including monitoring portfolio company performance, tracking key metrics and elaborate quarterly reports.
- Create and foster relationships with founders, industry leads, and players of the entrepreneurial ecosystem to monitor VC and PE trends.
- Constant awareness to spot sourcing opportunities.
- Keep close relationship with GBM legal, accounting, fiscal departments, and treasury operations.
- High level of motivation, independence, intelligence, attention to detail, being a self-starter and a team player.
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills including PowerPoint and Excel based modeling. Advanced English and Spanish communication skills
- Two to four years of experience in either Management Consulting, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Equity Research, or Investment Banking, or in a financial role in a startup.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering, finance, or related.
- Impeccable professional ethics.
- Advanced english
- Problem solving
- Self driven
- Competitive compensation package for industry standard. Total compensation may vary based on previous professional experience.
- Access to venture capital and private equity co-investing.
Join the team!*
- In order to apply, you must read and accept our Privacy Statement for Candidates which is aligned to the Personal Data Protection Law and specifies how we will use it for recruiting purposes only.
Boosting LATAM’s potential with outstanding founders.