Visiting Associate Berlin - Spring '24
At Techstars Berlin, we aim to co-create at least one European unicorn company per year that makes the planet a better place for humanity. We are currently investing in 24 early-stage startups per year, and are working to build the number one launchpad for high-growth startups in Europe. Our current investments focus on the fields of FinTech, deep tech, climate tech and mobility.
As a Visiting Associate, you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars events with the founders, investors and the local community.
It’s your chance to get an amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, and get exposure to some of the greatest up-and-coming companies and teams in Europe. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the program. Many also go on to build their own companies.
What are we looking for?
As a Visiting Associate, you'll work across the investment process, operations throughout the program and venture building with the startups participating in our program.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- BA in business, finance, sales, marketing, computer science, law and/or some relevant professional experience (financial modelling, growth hacking, lead generation, etc.).
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively.
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator.
- A drive to get better every single day and always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, a desire to learn and meet new people, and lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorised to work as a contractor in Germany.
- Currently living in Berlin, or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program.
- Available full-time for a temporary position (6 months).
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,100 companies with a combined market cap of more than $140B.
The worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed.