Head of Marketing
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as our Head of Marketing. Monk’s Hill Ventures (‘MHV’) is a leading venture capital firm that invests in early-stage technology companies, primarily Series A, across Southeast Asia. We are entrepreneurs backing great entrepreneurs who use technology to improve the lives of millions of people in the region.
In this role, you would be responsible for our overall brand and marketing strategy including building us up as the region’s thought leaders in technology-enabled disruption.. You will strengthen and build MHV’s brand as a leading investor and partner for early stage entrepreneurs across the region. Working closely with the investment team, you will define our communication strategy to drive regional and country-specific initiatives.
Our values are: a founders first mentality, curiosity, responsibility, authenticity, and an all-in attitude. This translates within this role to thoughtfulness, resilience and a strong sense of ownership. A sense of humour, perspective and the ability to see the silver lining when the going gets tough is a nice complement.
This role will be based in Singapore and report into one of our General Partners.
What You Will Do:
As our Head of Marketing, we will look to you as the resident expert to lay out a clear marketing and branding strategy for us and execute accordingly to achieve your and the firm’s goals. We expect this to include:
- Deploy the full resources of MHV to build our position as a regional thought leader in technology-enabled disruption, for both entrepreneurs and investors globally
- Break-through brand marketing to raise our profile across appropriate press & social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook overall web presence)
- Well timed content creation and distribution strategy (e.g. blog, white papers, podcasts, newsletters) that focuses on original content and thought leadership
- Establishing and strengthening existing marketing partnerships and relationships with key players in the ecosystem (events, conferences, media)
- Working with our investor relations team to ensure we are reaching and resonating with LPs for our future fundraising efforts
- Work with portfolio founders to support them on their marketing and PR efforts
- Tying strategic goals to measurable metrics for workstreams and budgets
- Nurture and mentor a small team of marketing and communication specialists
You are someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who is proactive, takes initiative and can be hands-on to get the job done. You can thrive in a fast-paced, independent environment, and are comfortable developing both the high-level strategy and driving its execution.
- Experienced leader and organizer
- A natural storyteller with an interest and passion for technology, startups and founders
- At least 5-10 years of a proven track record in strategic thinking and marketing strategic (within technology, marketing, venture capital, or startup environments)
- Familiarity with Southeast Asia and ecosystem of players including government, accelerators, incubators, entrepreneurs, media is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in raising brand awareness and leading campaigns regionally
- Confident and articulate communicator with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strategic relationships
- Track record leading and nurturing teams
If this sounds like a good fit for your experience and interests, we would love to hear from you.
Find Monk’s Hill Ventures online:
Entrepreneurs backing entrepreneurs. We believe in great founders who will change millions of lives through technology.