Pitch Deck Designer
NFX is creating the venture firm that today’s top Founders deserve. We’re mission driven, operate like a start-up, and have a passion for supporting our network of Founders and their companies.
As a Seed investor, we partner with startups from the beginning, and have a team dedicated to transforming fearless Founders into elite leaders. This role is a critical part of that team, focusing on arming our portfolio companies with fundraising pitch decks that work.
Your mission is to dive deep into the unique narratives of our portfolio companies and help our founders craft pitch decks that don't just inform, but inspire. This is not about creating pretty slides – it's about understanding the heart of a startup, focusing on the right metrics to tell a compelling narrative, and presenting it in a way that captivates potential investors.
Who Are You?
- Narrative Builder: Whether over a coffee or a presentation slide, you understand the power of a well-structured pitch. You know that behind every startup is a mission, a struggle, and a vision that needs to be shared.
- Visual Communicator: You appreciate aesthetics but prioritize clarity and impact. Whether it's choosing the right visuals or breaking down complex data, your decks are both beautiful and effective.
- Collaborator: You shine in a team, eager to dive deep with Founders to understand their business + vision and translate it into a compelling narrative. You’re comfortable and confident in sharing your opinion to help our founders get to a successful final product.
- Data-Literate: You can weave data into stories seamlessly, ensuring that emotion and evidence go hand-in-hand in every pitch.
- High EQ: Empathy is your superpower. You connect deeply with Founders, understanding their anxieties, aspirations, and the essence of their startups.
- Efficient and Agile: In the dynamic world of startups, you're able to adapt, iterate, and deliver with speed.
- Detail-Oriented: No inconsistency escapes your notice. You understand that the smallest details can make or break a pitch.
Your Typical Week:
- Align with our General Partners on the high level narrative for our companies’ raises, then engage in deep-dive sessions with NFX Portfolio Founders across our verticals (biotech, SaaS, marketplaces, etc.) to hone the narrative that aligns with their vision and resonates with VCs.
- Design captivating pitch decks, iterating based on feedback and new insights.
- Share best practices with Founders, empowering them to be better storytellers.
- Regularly update and refine deck templates based on industry trends and feedback.
- Collaborate with other content creators and designers within NFX on internal presentations and projects.
- Proven experience in crafting pitch decks, preferably in a VC or startup environment.
- Proficiency in design tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote, Canva).
- Strong portfolio showcasing a range of decks and presentations. Show off your work!
- Degree in Design, Business, Communications, or related field is a plus.
- Located in the Bay Area, able to commute to San Francisco at least 3 days a week.
What You Shouldn't Expect:
- A pure design role. This is as much about the narrative as it is about slide creation.
- Working in isolation. Collaboration is key, and you'll be constantly engaging with Founders and the NFX founder success and investment teams.
- Static templates. Every startup is unique, and so should be every deck.
- Salary range is $120,000 to $160,000 (depending on experience)
- Carry Dollars at Work
- Full range Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for you and dependents
- 401(k) with a generous match
- Flexible Time Off
- Commuter benefits
- A hybrid office culture – working 3 days a week from San Francisco HQ (Hayes Valley)
- A team of high-caliber, principled, and fun people
- Opportunity to shape the narratives of world-changing startups
Send us your portfolio, resume, and a brief cover letter outlining a deck project you're particularly proud of. Join us in redefining startup success stories!
NFX is a venture firm exclusively focused on pre-seed & seed stage startups.