Betatron Venture Group is a growing venture capital firm with offices in Hong Kong and Singapore. We invest across Asia (excluding China) into some of the world’s fastest-growing markets. As virtually every business in the region adopts new technology to run their business, Betatron sees a historically unprecedented opportunity to back B2B technology companies across the region.
As an Intern, your job entails:
- Industry Research: In-depth research and analysis to continuously refine an informed point of view on how the world will change in our areas of interest.
- Deal Sourcing: Generate deal flow by hunting companies, cultivating relationships in startup communities throughout Asia, and encouraging companies to seek funding from us.
- Selecting Deals: Review decks, hear live pitches, conduct due diligence, and write investment memos for the Investment Committee.
- Investor Communications: Engagement with potential investors to develop networks and collaborative partnerships.
- Pitch Co-ordination: Coordinate, monitor, and facilitate the scheduling of live pitches.
- Everything Else: We operate like a startup, so we all wear multiple hats. This is an entrepreneurial environment that welcomes new ideas and high energy.
We’re looking for candidates with the following experience:
- Strong analytical and technical skills. You are comfortable building and evaluating financial models, parsing through data rooms, and identifying potential issues.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. You’re a strong communicator both verbally and in written format in English and you’re able to craft compelling arguments.
- Exposure to Asia. We invest in early-stage companies across Asia (excluding China), so having an extensive network and a thorough understanding of Asian markets is important.
- Curiosity. You are enthusiastic about constantly learning about new industries, technologies, and business models.
- Tenacity. Betatron looks at up to 5,000 deals each year. You have the intellectual endurance and interest to hear and read pitches day in and day out.
- Emotional intelligence. You can work peacefully with a team, can handle different personality types without friction, and you do not need the spotlight.
- Career-changers welcome. We will consider your candidacy even if you are more senior and are interested in shifting careers into venture capital or into working on startups.
- Open mind, open heart. There’s no room on our team for people who hold sexist, racist, or ableist views, or traffic in conspiratorial thinking.
- Location: Singapore with the flexibility to work remotely
- Commitment: 3 -5 days a week
- Duration: 3 Months
- Start ASAP
- English fluency plus at least one other regional language
- Has or currently undergoing an undergraduate degree
About Betatron Venture Group
Betatron Venture Group invests in early-stage tech companies across Asia. With offices in Hong Kong and Singapore, the firm takes a hands-on approach to helping companies scale in some of Asia’s largest industries, including maritime shipping, logistics, healthcare, and real estate.
Betatron Venture Group invests in early-stage, Asia-focused companies. We're hands-on and committed to helping our founders grow.