Senior Associate, Life Sciences & Healthcare Investment
Incorporated in 1974, Temasek is a global investment company headquartered in Singapore and supported by 12 international offices. Temasek’s S$403 billion portfolio covers a broad spectrum of industries, including financial services; telecommunications, media, and technology; transportation and industrials; life sciences / healthcare; as well as consumer and real estate – with a particular focus on innovation and cutting-edge technologies that can positively change the world.
As an institution, we have a stake in the well-being of our communities and recognize that environmental, social and governance factors can impact them as well as the long-term sustainability of companies. Additional information about Temasek can be found at http://www.temasek.com.sg/
Temasek’s US Life Sciences and Healthcare team is looking for a Senior Associate / Assistant Vice President to join our growing Life Sciences and Healthcare team. We are interested in individuals with a passion for Life Sciences, Healthcare. The candidate should also have a strong financial toolkit including experience building models for P&L statements, cashflow statements and balance sheets. Given the nature of life sciences investing, a clinical, industry and / or research background will likely be helpful.
The role will involve:
- Conducting fundamental research in key trends and emerging areas to form differentiated views for investment opportunities and for management of existing portfolio
- Identifying and assessing investment opportunities across different company stages
- Supporting business, financial, legal, and other due diligence workstreams
- Preparing financial models and decks, and presenting deals to the firm’s investment committee
- Monitoring portfolio companies to identify value creation, investment, and divestment opportunities
- Developing relationships with investment professionals, management teams, key opinion leaders, and other relevant institutions for origination of new deals
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate(s) should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in science or finance, from a top tier academic institution
- Advanced degree strongly preferred, ideally in a field of science or business (MD, PhD, MBA, MPH, BME)
- Demonstrated interest in finance and investing
- Preferably 3-4 years of business experience in healthcare or life sciences, including experience in investment banking, buyside or sell-side equity, or consulting.
- Strong analytical capabilities and willingness to learn new skills quickly
- Self-starter with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and to work independently
- Good communication, interpersonal & team skills
- Comfortable with working in a cross-border, multi-cultural team-based environment
All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
Temasek is a global investment company headquartered in Singapore. We are a generational investor, seeking to make a difference with tomorrow in mind...