Senior Analyst - Investor Relations
StepStone is a rapidly growing Global Private Markets firm who provides customized investment and advisory solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With $621 billion of total capital allocations, including $138 billion in AUM, we are highly diversified in the private markets across the globe and provide creative solutions to solve for the objectives of any investment program. With a culture built on entrepreneurialism, partnership and being a team within teams, our firm offers joiners the opportunity to think out loud, collaboratively.
The Investor Relations Senior Analyst will support fundraising and client relationship management activities for StepStone's venture capital and growth equity funds. The individual will also assist in managing LP and business development communications for both new and existing StepStone venture capital and growth equity funds. The person must have a strong command of the venture capital market and StepStone's offerings, as well as strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fielding product, portfolio, and venture capital market-related questions from new and existing investors and coordinating appropriate responses, including preparation of bespoke written content and analysis as appropriate
- Working closely with senior Investment, Marketing and Investor Relations team members to manage and co-manage the coverage of investors and related fundraising efforts
- Assist in reviewing firm-wide venture capital and growth equity product knowledge initiatives (including the development of training modules and learning management systems) for accuracy and completeness
- Liaise with the RFI/RFP team to answer detailed strategy questions and complete initial reviews of fund offering documents
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years of prior investment, consulting, or investor relations experience with a specific focus on venture capital or private equity
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing or Communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with prior client-facing experience preferred
- Familiarity with CRM solutions, Salesforce preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills with an eye to attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of the venture capital market and StepStone's venture capital offerings
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize multiple in-process deliverables at the same time
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with internal and external parties
- A highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team context
Working out of 24 offices in 15 countries, StepStone has a truly global viewpoint. As people are our biggest asset, we offer resources to help our employees reach their full potential. Our principles are based on integrity, transparency, respect and creativity, which together define how we do business.
When you choose to work at StepStone, you'll find a group of professionals who are passionate about anticipating changes, solving problems and working together to make it all happen. Our integrated global team shares insights into how managers think and operate, as well as how they might perform.
StepStone offers a competitive compensation package including salary and incentive compensation for all full time hires, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
We offer a range of benefits which include comprehensive healthcare, strong retirement plan, a mental health well-being program, paid time off, student loan repayment program, and several wellness initiatives.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
At StepStone, diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees and allows them to be heard, regardless of title or tenure. Our organizational community features multiple Employment Resource Groups representing our dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, StepStone does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our mission is to be the trusted partner of choice for private markets solutions globally.