Early Stage Investor
Base10 Is a $1.5 B+ venture capital firm located In San Francisco that is looking to add an Investor to our early stage Investment team. Base10 Portfolio companies include Nubank, Figma, Notion, Popmenu, Reddit, Nowports and many others. We are a research-driven firm investing in companies that are automating the largest sectors of the Real Economy such as Finance, Healthcare, Al, Retail, Food, and Logistics. We believe In Investing in founders who are solving problems for the 99% and we tie purpose with profits by donating 50% of the Managing Partners* carried interest to create scholarships for underrepresented students
We're looking to add a new member to our early stage investment team to identify and diligence Investment opportunities and support our existing and future portfolio companies. The Early Stage Investor will work closely with our early stage Investing team, research team, and the entire Base10 team on both sourcing and evaluating new investments as well as supporting existing portfolio companies. This is a unique opportunity to get unparalleled experience In deep research and analysis to identify, understand, and invest in the most exciting technology trends, as well as be a part of a high growth Investment firm with significant room for personal development and advancement.
RESPONSIBILITIES & FOCUS AREAS
- Deal sourcing: Utilizing research and data to Identify the best opportunities in the global automation sector by speaking to the most promising entrepreneurs. Continuously meet with entrepreneurs, attend Industry events, and search for the best startups to make sure we see the right opportunitles at the right time
- Research and content: Partner with the research team to monitor and map high potential automaton markets, identify promising emerging companies in these sectors, create and publish content on these findings, and source potential investment opportunities from them
- Deal assessment: Evaluate deals by managing and tracking investment opportunities, presenting and reviewing Investment recommendations during regular pipeline and Investment Committee meetings, and preparing diligence materials including financial analysis, customer analysis, market analysis, and team analysis
- Portfollo enablement: Support and monitor portfolio companies, including active value creation efforts, portfolio management projects, and provide other value-add support
YOU WILL THRIVE IF YOU
- Have at least 2-4 years of relevant experience In venture capital, private equlty, product management, Investment banking or management consulting
- Can lead key pleces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g. deal memo drafting, financlal and analytics modeling, market analysis, customer feedback and generating Industry landscapes)
- Have a strong business sense and a strong analytical ability You must be comfortable working with and analyzing operational and financial data as well as communicating with founders. The ability to quickly evaluate financals/P&L, market dynamics and build long lasting relationships with founders Is core to being successful at Base10
- Are mission-driven and passionate about helping Base10 invest in companies that are creating a positive impact for the largest sectors of the real economy
- Have deep curlosity and passion for venture capital, automation solutions, research, Impact, technology, and startups, demonstrated by a proactive approach to learning
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and are a self-starter with a strong work ethic - we have a lot to build and are therefore looking for Individuals with a strong drive and grit
We are a technology investment firm investing in Founders who solve problems for the 99%.