Director, Strategic Development (Singapore/Indonesia)
500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than USD2.7 billion in assets under management that invests in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth.
We invest far and wide, across sectors and geographies, including 49 companies valued at USD1B+ and 150+ companies valued at more than USD100 million.
500 Global’s Southeast Asia family of funds have backed over 270+ companies, including USD1B+ companies Grab, Bukalapak, Carousell, Carsome, and FinAccel. This is just the beginning – we are actively growing to serve more founders, as well as connect startups with capital, expertise, and global networks to help them succeed.
About the Role
We are looking for a Strategic Development Director to be based in Singapore or Indonesia to help us on this journey.
We have a large portfolio of companies that will need your help. You will understand them, how to pitch their business, and help them fundraise. You will help them with strategic connections and information that will unlock their growth. You will analyse their numbers and help them see the things they need to see. You'll also help the General Partners assess if a company is on or off track, and get the full force of 500 behind them. You're their guardian angel looking out for them, except you're wielding a Spreadsheet and 500's rolodex. Management consultants, investment bankers, and financial analysts who know their numbers may apply. You will work with our existing Strategic Development team members, recruit new ones, and work closely with investment teams, as well as our General Partners.
Read more about the backstory of the team, the culture and why we are hiring: https://sea.500.co/careers
- Strategize, facilitate and acquire downstream capital for portfolio companies
- Monitor and evaluate portfolio performance on a continuous basis and provide updates to investments team
- Grow and maintain relationships with our network of coinvestors across the region and beyond
- Maintain close relationships with our founders to understand key areas of focus to achieve fundraising milestone targets
- Identify and execute on strategic partnerships for portfolio companies with governmental agencies, corporates and other relevant ecosystem players, where relevant
- Provide general in-house consulting and fundraising services for portfolio companies
- Execute on M&A and exit initiatives.
- 10+ years of proven relevant experience in a fundraising, partnerships, growth or strategy or business development role
- Prior experience in a top tier consulting firm, VC, private equity firm, investment bank, or a related role in a startup
- Demonstrated track record of fundraising for a companie / companies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, where production and presentation of data and initiatives are concise and compelling for capital providers and partners
- Experience working at a high growth organization, fast-paced and lean-driven unstructured environments, where goals, priorities and roadmaps may evolve quickly
- Work well under pressure, with a high degree of dependability, adaptability and flexibility.
Please note that we will begin reviewing applications for this role in May 2023, but we look forward to receiving your application in the meantime
We invest in Southeast Asia's potential. Then we turn potential into performance.