Internship - Technology Venture Capital Analyst
Are you interested in joining an experienced team of Venture Capital investors, in building bridges between visionary startup founders and many of the most respected Swiss corporations and institutional organizations? Are you passionate about looking for hidden startup gems, test new software to improve the team productivity, research innovative markets and trends, build engaging presentations and assist the Vi Partners’ technology team to be at its best to finance and support startups that are transforming the way we live and work?
About Vi Partners
Vi Partners is the longest-established Swiss Venture Capital firm. For more than 20 years, VI Partners has been supporting innovative Technology and Healthcare companies, investing over CHF 330m in 65 startups. Vi Partners-managed funds are backed by Switzerland’s most visible companies and institutions, including ETH Zurich, ABB, Buhler, Credit Suisse, Hilti, McKinsey, Nestlé, Schindler, Sulzer, Suva and ZKB as well as the European Investment Fund and many other institutional investors.
Vi Partners invest in two verticals:
1. In Technology companies (B2B Enterprise Software and SaaS)
2. In Healthcare (biotech, medtech, digital health)
Vi Partners recently onboarded a new group of Partners with entrepreneurial profiles to work with and build on the heritage of the Partners that have developed the firm over the past 20 years. This group intends to transcend the legacy and build a reference asset manager that champions creativity, innovation & technologies.
We are passionate about investing in visionary startup founders and support them and their teams to solve today’s most challenging problems and build the world of tomorrow.
Learn more on: www.vipartners.ch
We are looking for an enthusiastic personality to assist our technology partners in their daily tasks. It is a great opportunity to be exposed to the Venture Capital industry and explore new business models & technologies, while working at a VC that has financed tech pioneers such as Nexthink, Ledgy and Sumup.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Technology Partners of VI Partners, the Venture Capital Analyst assists the Technology Partners in their daily tasks, leverages new sources (and build new resources) to identify the most relevant startups to invest in, prepares investment memos, aggregates and synthetizes market data.
- Support the sourcing and evaluation of interesting tech startups for Vi Partners to invest in, including conducting market research and analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of investment proposals.
- Conduct due diligence on potential investments, including analyzing market trends, business plans and competitive landscape.
- Support the portfolio management process, including monitoring and analyzing the performance of existing investments.
- Be involved in communication initiatives to our investors (or potential investors) by preparing market reviews and information newsletters.
You are/you have:
- A team player: you like to share knowledge, ensure effective communication, take ownership of your tasks, anticipate teammate needs and drive change.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: driven and resilient, you are curious and have creative approaches to problem-solving, walk the extra-mile, take different perspectives, quick-test hypothesis by trial and error and get-things-done.
- Looking for a final-year internship as part of your Bachelor or Master in Business, Finance or Engineering.
- Relevant experiences, via previous internships and university projects, in innovation, strategy consulting, venture capital or startups.
- Clear emotional intelligence and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter, with a taste for new software / original solutions.
- A willingness to perform a variety of professional tasks.
- Fluent English with good command of one or two Swiss national language(s).
Additional useful characteristics:
- You appreciate to play with no-code / low-code solutions.
- Motivated by our mission of enabling startup founders to pursue their dreams and create value for society.
If you don’t tick every box above, we still encourage you to apply. We wish to build a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Vi Partners has a flexible work policy, the VC analyst will have the flexibility to work from his/her own office environment and will meet the whole team every second week (or more often if needed / desired).
- The candidates must be EU citizens, enrolled in a Swiss university or have graduated within the past 12 months.
- Please share complete CVs (LinkedIn generated CVs will not be considered).
- Think about ways to make your profile stand out.
VI Partners' founding team came together in 2000 to advise Venture Incubator, an investment vehicle initiated by ETHZ and funded by ten blue-chip Swis...