btov is one of Europe’s leading Venture Capital firms and has been backing outstanding European startups in non-obvious digital and industrial technologies since 2000. Our unfair advantage is the unique combination of dedicated fund teams and Europe's strongest network of private investors and entrepreneurs.
btov invested roughly EUR 100m last year in early-stage, high-growth companies with initial ticket sizes ranging from EUR 0.5m to 3.5m. With offices in Berlin, Munich, St. Gallen, Zurich and Luxembourg, the firm has close to EUR 600m in assets under management. btov has backed 100+ companies around the globe including DeepL, Finanzcheck, foodspring, Healx, Raisin, Seven Senders, SumUp, and Volocopter.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Location: Berlin or Zurich
🚀 Your mission:
As Investment Controller you will deliver flawless operational preparation and execution of all investments across btov, and ensure their ongoing performance measurement.
🤓 Your role:
As part of btov’s Operations, this role resides at the intersection of btov’s Investment teams, Finance and fund administration. In detail, you will work on the compliant and smooth execution of 20+ new investments per year (plus follow-on rounds).
For succeeding in this mission you will take ownership of the following tasks that you master efficiently while paying attention to highest quality and complying with regulatory requirements:
Work closely with investment managers towards a seamless execution of new and follow-on transactions as well as exits through
- Supporting them in deal structuring, and here especially with planned scenarios within cap tables
- Ensuring fund requirements for the investment process through collaboration with fund administration
- In case of direct investments, compilation of subscription forms and conducting capital calls with fund administration
- Preparing records for invoicing of management fees through Finance
Supporting fund reporting in collaboration with fund administration through
- Data collection from both Investment teams and portfolio companies
- Risk modeling based on relevant data collection
- Compiling investment-related KPIs for performance measurement
Responsibility for cap table management in online tool
🧩 Your profile:
- You have a degree in Business, Finance or related disciplines.
- You have 2+ years of relevant work experience in finance, controlling or fund administration, e.g. with a VC/PE fund, an auditing company or an AIFM.
- You are a detail-oriented perfectionist with the ability to multitask, prioritize and execute projects diligently.
- You possess outstanding spreadsheet skills and you’re able to quickly learn new tools, e.g. Ledgy, our portfolio management tool.
- You are a self-starter, able to work independently, and take ownership in a high-intensity environment.
- You are a team player with a strong work ethic, humility, can-do attitude, and a collaborative mindset.
- You are fluent in spoken and written German and English.
- Please send your CV via JOIN
- Selected candidates will then meet our CFO and other Investment Team members via Zoom first, and at a later stage in our office in person.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Backing outstanding founders and non-obvious opportunities. We are the first backer of outstanding entrepreneurs and non-obvious opportunities in Euro...