At AngelList, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation in the world by building the tools that create more funders & founders of startups. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy and more startups the resources they need to change the world.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $14B+ in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 282 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
We’ve grown exponentially in the last year and recently raised $100M at a $4.1B valuation to continue building software that founders and investors love.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
Venture Associates are the main point of contact for General Partners (GPs) on our platform. Externally, you will own the GP relationship, coordinate fund investments, and serve as a trusted partner in all aspects of running their venture business. Internally, you will collaborate with sales, product, legal, and tax teams to optimize platform usage and solve problems. This is a customer-facing role which provides a unique opportunity to build lasting relationships with the world’s top-tier and emerging fund managers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a sophisticated client-facing role. We’re looking for individuals with strong intellectual horsepower, robust problem-solving methodologies, and the ability to navigate high-stakes challenges. Key competencies for this role include superb communication skills and a knack for navigating ambiguity.
- Deliver an exceptional client experience through accurate, concise, and action-oriented communications with GPs, their investors, and portfolio companies
- Act as a product and industry expert for fund managers — helping them navigate technical infrastructure questions related to fund structuring, fund data, financial reporting, and investor management
- Rapidly troubleshoot GP pain points and innovate on internal processes and product capabilities
- Collaborate with product, operations, and customer success teams to continuously surface new solutions for our GPs
Other characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- 2+ years in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organization, ideally within venture, finance, or fintech
- Experience navigating rapid change in a high-growth environment
- Superb attention to detail — you need to be able to catch the edge case every time
- A deep love of startups and passion for understanding the infrastructure of venture finance
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
A Remote-First AngelList: AngelList is a remote-first company – you can choose to work remotely or work from one of our offices in hub cities: San Francisco, Seattle, and New York City. While AngelList offices are only partially open at this time in accordance with local health guidance, you choose how and where you’d like to work even in a post-COVID world.
Benefits: We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work.
* See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits
* Learn about our Funders & Founders Program here: https://join.angellist.com/
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're the world’s largest startup community. We help startups change the world.