Risk Compliance Officer
Verve Ventures is one of Europe’s most active venture capital investors. With EUR 60 million invested and 8 exits, 2021 was our most successful year so far. To date, we have invested over EUR 250 million and have built a portfolio of over 140 startups across Europe. We support groundbreaking companies that tackle humanity’s greatest challenges with technology. We’re ambitious and entrepreneurial but we’re also very helpful and humble. We invest in our people and give everyone the shared responsibility and opportunity of shaping the future development of our company.
This is your chance to join the company that is setting a new standard in European venture capital and making this exciting industry more diverse and successful. In the role as Compliance & Risk Officer, you will be responsible for the operational setup and execution of Verve’s compliance with relevant financial law and the related risk management. You will work closely with and directly report to the executive management and board.
As a Compliance & Risk Officer, your main tasks will be to:
- Be in charge of the setup of our regulatory infrastructure as we expand our regulated status, building on our existing and audited processes and with creative freedom to build the best process with our business units
- Develop and implement future regulatory upgrades
- Lead our interactions with financial regulators
- Run and supervise our internal control system and internal audit, complete risk assessments and ongoing risk monitoring
- Supervise our KYC/AML processes and our external AML team
- As a challenger and partner to our business units, advise on the compliance/risk assessment of transactions and clients
- Manage outside counsel through high-quality questions and a strong expert network
- 5-8y experience in compliance and risk functions, either in private equity/venture capital, other bank-level regulated entities (e.g. security firm, large multi-fund organisations, investment banking, private banking), or regulatory consulting/services firms
- Conceptual knowledge in risk assessment & management
- Strong knowledge of Swiss financial law especially AMLA/FinIA (GWG/FINIG) mandatory, EU-wide experience a strong plus
- You have experience in working with specialist lawyer, can ask the right legal/regulatory questions and manage outside counsel
- Likely law background or strong formal training in compliance
- Fluent in German and English, especially when it comes to communication with regulatory authorities and working with legal texts
In relation to our regulatory status, your CV will have to pass review by our auditors and relevant financial regulators.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work partially remotely (e.g. home office), making it easier to combine work and family
- While we strongly prefer physical presence at our offices for onboarding, collaboration and social events, many of our team members work remotely multiple days of the week
- Frequent team events, flat hierarchy
- A young and rapidly evolving company that gives every employee the opportunity to make decisions and shape our success
- Eligibility for our share incentive plan
- Days off between Christmas and New year
We strongly believe that diverse experiences and viewpoints are key for any productive work environment, in particular for successful venture capital investors. We therefore consider applications irrespective of nationality, ethnical background, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or family situation. We also encourage applications from re-entrants to work and are open to discuss part-time roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Verve Ventrues is a network and technology driven venture firm. We have invested in over 140 science and technology startups across Europe. Our team a...