Partner 16, Portfolio Company Program Manager
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
At a16z we provide value-added services for our Portfolio Companies to aid them in the development of their company. The a16z Facilities team runs a program that offers facility-related services for our Portfolio and are seeking a Program Manager to take command of the existing program and continue to develop it into a world-class offering consistent with the a16z brand and culture that gives us a competitive edge in the industry.
Under the supervision of the Facilities Director, the Program Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Portfolio Company Office Usage Program including: adopting the existing processes and seeking to continuously uplevel them, educating and supporting the various stakeholders of the program (a16z Executive Assistants, Portfolio Company C-Suite Support Staff), problem solving as issues arise, gathering data and interpreting the results, scaling the process to new locations and fielding feedback from our Portfolio Companies.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Assist the Facilities Director in all aspects of project implementation as needed.
- Maintain the booking process and make changes as needed.
- Ensure positive experience for all Portfolio Companies users.
- Work with coordinators on booking process and general office usage etiquette.
- Support and guide program stakeholders (Executive Assistants) as needed.
- Identify potential issues and come up with solutions.
- Track all program data and interpret the results to make informed program decisions.
- Scale the processes to new offices as they open.
- Collect feedback from Portfolio Companies.
- 4 + years of previous program or project management or administrative experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate professionally, verbally, and in written form with internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrated customer service excellence.
- G Suite products: Gmail, Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Google Calendar.
- Microsoft Suite of products including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- SFDC and data collection and management.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Responsibility for follow-up on actions based on various team projects.
- High organization skills in managing multiple requests simultaneously.
- Build strong internal and external relationships using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Recognize and act on opportunities; adjust direction when situation warrants.
- Work independently without regular direct supervision.
- This role will require an on-site presence and some travel may be required.
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $137,500-$160,500, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future throu...