Associate of Entrepreneur Experience, Endeavor Miami
Endeavor is a global organization leading the high-impact entrepreneurship movement around the world, nurturing entrepreneurial ecosystems in emerging markets through mentorship and services for scale-ups. With 40+ markets and 2000+ entrepreneurs in its network, the non-profit has helped create 3M+ jobs, generate $40B+ in revenues and raise $10B+ in equity capital in 2021. You can learn more about the organization here.
The Endeavor Miami office launched in 2013 and today counts with 32 companies in its portfolio, represented by 51 entrepreneurs. To join Endeavor as a member, an entrepreneur needs to go through a selection process that includes several rounds of local and international vetting, which can take up to a year to be completed.
The Entrepreneurial Experience (EX) team is in charge of the organization’s core function - selecting & supporting Endeavor Entrepreneurs in Florida. This is done in collaboration with colleagues across 40+ markets. Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial nature, global mindset and experience, is mission-oriented, and is passionate about having a transformational impact on entrepreneurs.
Endeavor is looking for a dynamic professional with 0-2 years of experience to join our Miami Entrepreneur Experience (EX) team.
The Associate of Endeavor Miami Entrepreneur Experience (EX) is a vital member of our team, reporting directly to the Sr Manager of EX.
Endeavor employs professionals who are passionate about entrepreneurship and believe in Endeavor’s mission to support high-impact entrepreneurs to catalyze economic growth in Florida. Endeavor provides a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment for those who enjoy a challenging environment where initiative is both expected and required, and an opportunity to take on leadership roles for developing new and exciting initiatives, projects and partnerships to support entrepreneurs in Florida. As a well-established international organization, Endeavor also provides and requires access to influential thought leaders from Florida and around the world.
Selection of Endeavor Entrepreneurs:
- Proactively screen for potential entrepreneurs that meet the criteria and profile of Endeavor Entrepreneurs.
- Independently pursue the search and selection of entrepreneurs leading fast-growing, post-startup stage companies including researching & analyzing strength of leadership teams and candidate companies; conducting analysis of business models, growth/scale potential, financials/projections, leadership potential, competitive landscape, market size, etc.
- Manage the candidate’s journey through the selection process.
- Draft company overviews and detailed profiles to be used at Endeavor’s Local and International Selection Panels, including business analysis, innovation, growth potential and management team.
- Prepare and train candidates for the selection panels, ensuring an adequate use and understanding of the selection process. Facilitate selection panel sessions.
Deliver Services to Endeavor Entrepreneurs:
- Collaborate with Endeavor Entrepreneurs to identify and anticipate their individual company challenges.
- Support in delivering Endeavor services to Endeavor Entrepreneurs. This involves matching the Entrepreneur with one of Endeavor’s 4,000+ mentors. Track & assist our entrepreneurs with their capital raising efforts. This involves coordinating with the Global teams in NY/SF to identify relevant investors, attending calls, and recording next steps.
- Support the EX Team in managing relationships with selected Endeavor Entrepreneurs.
- Organize and coordinate events and workshops in diverse areas of interest for Endeavor Entrepreneurs.
- Perform collection and analysis of annual metrics and other indicators to measure Endeavor’s impact on its entrepreneurs.
- Collaborate with other Endeavor offices through regional councils, be the lead in specific projects affecting various offices.
- Host and assist in events to bring together the local ecosystem and make the magic happen!
- Attend networking events in the South Florida ecosystem for lead generation, community engagement, and spreading the Endeavor mission.
- Strong interest in entrepreneurship and in being a part of growing startup ecosystems.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record and 1-2 years of work experience (internships count). Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related fields is an advantage.
- Comfortable working with a variety of people at all levels and willingness to be persistent and creative to solve problems and meet the needs of our entrepreneurs.
- Strong detail-oriented skills and follows processes. This role requires attention to detail to ensure a high-quality analysis and deliverables.
- Ability to work collaboratively. While you will have your own responsibilities, a lot of the work requires coordination with other team members across various departments. Strong interpersonal skills to communicate results, challenges and collaborate on other projects is key. A good team player.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, flexible environments. Endeavor’s initiatives move very quickly, so the person must be able to execute in a timely manner despite constant changes.
- High organizational skills: Owning a variety of projects in a small team makes organizational skills key to delivering results
- Has the ability to learn quickly: The person must be able to implement guidance quickly, be proactive, and work without constant supervision.
- Ideal candidate has a growth mindset with a strong ability in speedy operational execution. Working at Endeavor means constantly switching hats between planning and delivery.
- Strong business acumen and familiarity with evaluating business models, growth strategies and venture capital.
- Optimistic and creative nature, self-motivated with a strong work ethics.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills.
- Social Skills: the ability to develop good relationships and expand the network to learn about and pursue new opportunities.
- Willingness to travel post-pandemic (domestic and international).
- Must represent Endeavor with great professionalism at all times.
- Excellent English, both in written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
- Strong computer tools proficiency is important, especially Google Drive. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Details about the Job
- Company: Endeavor Miami
- Job Title: Associate, Entrepreneur Experience (EX)
- Location: Miami, USA (in-person)
- *Must be able to come to the Endeavor office in Wynwood at least three days a week.*
- Start Date: Q1 2023
- Benefits: Competitive salary and benefits including flexible vacation policy, remote and flexible working days, 401K plans, health and dental benefits, global travel experiences, sabbatical/immersion opportunities, and continuing education options.
- Entrepreneur First: You are mission-oriented and believe in Endeavor’s model to change the world through high-impact entrepreneurship.
- Go Big: You are someone whose curiosity drives them to dream (and execute!) big as Endeavor reimagines its service offerings to entrepreneurs.
- Network of Trust: You’re great with people! You naturally build and maintain relationships with key players and have the superior interpersonal skills needed to build trust with our entrepreneurs, mentors, and teams in 40+ markets.
- Pay It Forward: You’re someone with a service-oriented attitude, who asks “What can I do?” before asking “What can I get?”
- One Endeavor: You’re comfortable working across cultures and will thrive on working with colleagues in 40+ markets.
- Always Agile: You believe in the importance of planning but never hesitate to change plans in the face of new data and circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Global sports and entertainment company, home to the world's most dynamic storytellers and experiences.