Investor Relations Manager
Brinc is a global venture firm that combines accelerators, funds, and a worldwide network to drive the success of entrepreneurs building the defining companies of tomorrow. Through active engagement with startups that contribute positively to humankind and the planet, we seek investment opportunities with the objective to enhance long-term value creation, generate attractive financial returns and drive societal, environmental, and technological innovation.
We have offices globally across major emerging entrepreneurial hubs, including Hong Kong, Bahrain, China, India, and Singapore. To date, we have invested in and supported the growth of more than 200 startups that demonstrably contribute to solving global challenges across Food & Water Security, Healthcare, Climate Change, Urbanization, Connectivity, Transportation, and Financial Inclusion. Over the next 5 years, we’ll invest in at least 1,000 new companies, furthering our efforts to support more entrepreneurs that are dedicated to solving the world’s toughest challenges.
What we do:
We pride ourselves on our resourcefulness and work on a variety of initiatives. On any given day, the work of the portfolio function could include building and engaging a strong network of investors and relevant stakeholders; advising a portfolio company on a cross-border partnership, providing guidance for a PR campaign; or helping them refine their fundraising data room, etc.
As a division, our strategic objectives include:
To be a leading Accelerator and VC in Asia and globally, a trusted advisor, financier, and risk manager for our Limited Partners, Sponsors, and Investors.
Build long-term relationships with partners, sponsors, investors, and portfolio companies, and bring them world-class execution.
Drive superior returns for our stakeholders.
Be an employer of choice by providing a highly dynamic, meritocratic, diverse and rewarding workplace.
This position will report to the COO.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creating a thorough strategy and framework for the company’s investor relations division
- Continuous recruitment and relationship development across multiple stakeholders for portfolio companies
- Facilitating connections between portfolio companies and relevant stakeholders and managing the fulfillment of these engagements through feedback from founders and third parties
- Effectively managing and nurturing investor relationships, while developing and maintaining investor confidence and belief in the company’s vision and strategy.
- Participation in relevant conferences and events evangelizing the Brinc brand
- Demonstrate consistent and clear communication between internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively provide insights to the Portfolio team on investor behavior, VC/investment trends, shareholder issues etc.
- Forward input from significant stakeholders of the company to management.
- Be aware of current investment trends within the industry
- Meet with the C-level executives to update them on investor meetings and prepare them to answer questions on the next calls.
- Leverage relationships to help identify new potential investors and assist with communication of new opportunities to existing investors
- Develop and maintain the investor relations CRM
- Develop and own the execution of investor engagement opportunities and the onboarding experience for new investors that want to become part of the Brinc network
- 5+ years of direct investor relations experience and a strong track record of creating positive relations with the investor community , ideally in Venture Capital or Private Equity firms
- Exposure to tech, innovation related companies or funds, ideally with experience in Brinc's verticals: biotech, cleantech, medtech, foodtech, robotics, smart cities, infratech, IoT, web3, etc.
- In depth understanding of financial modeling, valuations, investing and investment management in private equity.
- Demonstrated skills in business analytics, financial analysis, and financial reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Communications, Economics, or related fields
- A strong understanding of macroeconomics, capital markets trends, competitor activities, industry dynamics, and customer trends
- Proven ability to interface with investors, both domestically and internationally, across different levels of sophistication of investors, from individuals with basic questions to large strategic institutions.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of entrepreneurial communities
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Fluent English language skills are a must. Other languages are a plus
- The opportunity to join a growing venture investor at an early stage and to make a significant impact in its development
- Work in an inspiring environment and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Work for a purpose-driven organization that uses an ESG investment framework in order to help solve the world's most pressing issues by backing and supporting game-changing entrepreneurs
The interview process:
Brinc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, nor any other basis prohibited by law. Brinc’s interview process is objective, where all candidates complete a Testgorilla assessment, a 30-minute online bias-free assessment that enables applicant screening only against job and company requirements. Upon completed a member of the Brinc team will reach out to inform you about the potential next steps of the process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Brinc is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at sc...