Struck Crypto is looking to hire a Venture Investor (Associate) to play a critical role in the fund, in partnership with the firm’s Managing Partner and Vice President of Investments.
About Struck Crypto:
Struck Crypto is a permanent capital evergreen vehicle with $100M+ AUM, investing in blockchain since 2017. First investor in Mythical Games, Zero Hash. Early backer of L1s such as Algorand, Hashgraph, and DeFi projects such as 1inch. You can read more about Struck Crypto and our investments on our website.
We are looking for an expert in crypto-assets who understands the landscape in its entirety, from the history of the technological developments that led to the existence of cryptocurrencies themselves to who key players are in the space.
The ideal candidate will bring a desire to get hands-on training and experience sourcing and evaluating potential crypto deals (or direct experience sourcing and evaluating deals in a past role as an investor). Bonus points if you can also understand the technical aspects of projects (including but not limited to: tokenomics, codebase structure, interoperability capabilities).
- Create, conceptualize, build, and manage new sourcing channels for the team
- Manage sourcing deals through various channels, including ones not currently used by the team itself
- Assess prospective deals and potential investments in timely fashion (may develop frameworks for more extended diligence processes as well as quicker-cycle processes, as needed)
- Setup expert network to analyze the technical specifications and team members of crypto-related businesses and products
- Take polished notes during calls with potential investments
- Attend all relevant conferences, side events, hackathons, interviews, demo days, and online public presentations about crypto and blockchain in general
- Ensure firm is abreast of relevant news items, macro tailwinds, and other developments that occur in the crypto and blockchain space and aggregate that data for all pertinent circumstances
- Develop presentations for the firm’s use including firm quarterly investor update presentations and Crypto Fund overview materials
- Manage ongoing relationships with our investments, staying up to date with latest developments on a weekly / monthly basis, codifying those updates, and leveraging our Platform offer as needed to add value to our portfolio companies based on those updates
- Strong crypto native network and strategic with establishing long-term relationships in the industry
- Understanding of industry dynamics and conviction for the Web3 ethos
- Understanding of smart contracts, cryptocurrencies, tokenomics, and blockchain as a technology
- Ability to intuit upcoming trends in the space
- Ability to interface with founders and to build trust between team members and others in the Struck Capital ecosystem for fostering relationships
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Competency in workplace tools including the Microsoft and Google suites of tools (i.e., PowerPoint/Slides, Excel/Sheets)
- Preferred, but not required: Experience structuring and running deal sourcing and diligence processes autonomously
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Struck Capital Crypto is a multi-strategy crypto fund based in Los Angeles.