Consultant, Venture Portfolio Management (Finance and Operations)
If you're passionate about helping a Fortune 100 company drive their strategy forward through innovative product development and advancing strategic partnerships to protect customers (and their pets), then Nationwide's Strategy and Corporate Development Office might be the place for you!
This role is hybrid to the Columbus, OH offices and should anticipate being in office 2-3 days per week.
Compensation Grade: G3
Job Description Summary
As a member of the Nationwide Ventures team, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to manage portfolio analysis and reporting, lead the quarterly portfolio valuation process, and help the team operate most efficiently. Nationwide Ventures makes direct investments in startup companies and facilitates partnerships between startups and Nationwide’s business units to help protect and improve the financial security of Nationwide’s customers. If you love juggling a broad range of exciting projects, and are financially and operationally minded, we’d love to know more about you!Job Description
- Manages Venture portfolio performance analytics, modeling, and reporting. Partners with investment team to prepare discussion points on portfolio key performance indicators and financial performance.
- Collects and analyzes portfolio information to prepare quarterly and ad hoc portfolio valuation. Utilizes Carta platform to run valuations. Prepares reporting for internal leadership.
- Tracks and estimates budgets for Venture related travel, including conferences, networking events, co-sponsored events, vendors, and more. Collaborates with financial partners on monthly expense tracking and budget forecasts.
- Prepares and documents funding packages for deal closing. Coordinates with wiring team to settle transactions in relevant accounting systems.
- Manages timelines for quarterly reporting to stakeholders. Builds and manages presentations for business unit partners.
- Assists with special projects such as building new processes, programs, strategic research deep dives, etc.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to AVP, Sr Investment Professional.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
Education: Undergraduate degree in business administration, accounting, finance or other relevant academic subject areas preferred.
Experience: Typically, eight or more years of experience in financial management with expertise in modeling, accounting processes, financial statement analysis and use of tools to drive data driven analysis and insights.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Knowledge of financial/statistical analysis and accounting/business operating systems. Project management concepts and techniques. Ability to analyze financial or statistical results and trends and interpret complex financial reporting requirements. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate professionally with investment team and business partners. Ability to interpret changes in financial reporting. Decision-making skills for problem identification and appropriate solution recommendation. Ability to operate and maintain efficient financial information networks, systems, and software.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates Nationwide Values.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
We have an array of benefits to fit your needs, including: medical/dental, paid time off plus nine paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, company-paid pension plan, business casual attire, and more. To learn more about the benefits we offer, click here.
Nationwide is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone feels challenged, appreciated, respected and engaged. Nationwide prohibits discrimination and harassment and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any characteristic (or classification) protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nationwide Ventures seeks to invest in founders and startups that are shaping the future of insurance and financial services. We bring the assets and ...