Our technology solutions power the tools you use every day--including smartphones, electric vehicles, hyperscale data centers, IoT devices, and so much more. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to be part of a global leader whose innovative designs are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and powering the future.
We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re dedicated to empowering people to be their true selves. Together, we’re building a better tomorrow for our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
What You'll Do
We are Samsung Electronics’ multi-stage, evergreen venture capital fund, investing in deep-tech infrastructure and data-enabled platforms, with particular interest in semiconductors technologies. Samsung is a leading core tech player, and we apply the lens of the startup world to support new business creation for the organization. Our sectors of interest span multiple domains including data center and cloud, artificial intelligence, networking and 5G, automotive and frontier tech such as quantum computing. We actively invest in North America, Israel and Europe.
Samsung is ranked among the top corporate venture capital firms in the world. At SCF, we have made more than 60 investments so far, and enjoyed successful exits including Habana Labs, Innoviz, IonQ, Preventice, and Ring. We are stage agnostic. We can lead, co-lead, follow, and/or take a Board position.
Our term sheets are similar to other financial VCs. After our initial investment, we leverage our connections with Samsung business units and work hard to facilitate partnerships with our portfolio companies. We aim to work closely with brilliant entrepreneurs and disruptive ideas to create incremental value and foster mutual growth and benefits.
Location: Onsite at our San Jose office 5 days a week
Job ID: 40759
- Identify, source and potentially lead relevant investments independently.
- Provide analytical horsepower to conduct due diligence, including business and industry analysis, competitive landscape and financial modeling.
- Lead or actively support deal negotiation and execution.
- Lead or contribute to the development of new investment thesis.
- Interact with portfolio companies and Samsung business units overseas to create win-win business opportunities.
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs and monitor startups in strategic areas relevant to Samsung.
- Participate actively as a Board member or observer in applicable portfolio companies.
What You Bring
- Bachelors in Engineering with 10+ years of relevant industry experience in tech, venture or investment banking, including 5+ Years of venture capital or corporate venture capital experience with track record of sourcing and closing financing rounds and ability to drive and engage multiple investment opportunities.
- Board member or observer experience a plus.
- Strong and current network of top tier VCs and CVCs in the US.
- Excellent track record of academic achievement; engineering / computer science / physics degree desirable / MBA degree and advanced degrees are a plus.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, self-driven, self-confident with low ego and intellectually curious.
- Familiarity and knowledge of emerging technologies with an innate passion for technology, particularly semiconductor-related.
- Analytical, ability to analyze and develop complex business models.
- An eye for detail as well as the ability to grasp big picture themes.
- Demonstrates leadership, poise, and maturity with senior executives and entrepreneurs.
- Team player and good communicator with strong presentation and written skills; able to address business and technical audiences
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The pay range for roles at this level across all US locations and job function is displayed below. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
Base Pay Range
What We Offer
An investment in your future, is an investment in ours. That’s why we offer a diverse package of benefits centered around the wellbeing of our employees and their loved ones. In addition to competitive compensation and the usual Medical/Dental/Vision/401k, our inclusive curation of benefits empower our people to care for their whole selves.
Give Back With a charitable giving match and frequent opportunities to get involved, we take an active role in supporting the community.
Enjoy Time Away You’ll start with 4+ weeks of paid time off a year, plus holidays and sick leave, to rest and recharge.
Care for Family Whatever family means to you, we want to support you along the way—including a stipend for fertility care or adoption, medical travel support, and an errand service.
Prioritize Emotional Wellness With on-demand apps and paid therapy sessions, you’ll have support no matter where you are.
Stay Fit Eating well and being active are important parts of a healthy life. Our onsite Café and gym, plus virtual classes, make it easier.
Embrace Flexibility Benefits are best when you have the space to use them. That’s why we facilitate a flexible environment so you can find the right balance for you.
To help keep our employees, customers, and communities safe, we’ve developed guidelines for our teams. Currently, we encourage vaccination for all employees, and may require it depending on job functions (e.g., traveling for business, meeting with customers). While visiting our offices or attending team events, we ask employees to complete a daily health questionnaire and complete a weekly COVID test. Our COVID policies are subject to change depending on public health, regulatory and business circumstances.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Samsung Semiconductor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed and empowered to do their best work. We hire the best talent for our teams, regardless of race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, or veteran status. Our focus is on hiring teammates with humble expertise, kindness, dedication and a willingness to embrace challenges and learn together every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are Samsung Electronics’ evergreen multi-stage venture capital fund that invests in the new data economy and strategic ideas for Samsung.