Director, Investor Relations and Fundraising
500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than USD $2.7 billion in assets under management that invests in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We invest early, and have follow-on and growth stage investing funds as well. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We invest far and wide, across sectors and geographies. Our portfolio includes 51 companies valued at USD $1B+ and 180 companies valued at more than USD $100 million.
500 Southeast Asia is an early investor in Grab, Bukalapak, Carousell, Carsome, Prenetics and Finaccel, with 15 more of our portfolio companies worth in excess of USD $100 million each. We have made investments in 250 companies, which have gone on to raise a total of USD $20 billion. We are at an inflection point of growth, where our fund sizes, vehicles, strategies, are expanding in line with our investors interests, and the market opportunities. Hence, we are growing our team to serve even more founders and be even more impactful to entrepreneurship and the region.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to lead Investor Relations and Fundraising at 500 Southeast Asia in Singapore.
We have sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, pensions, multi-nationals, ultra high net worth individuals, family offices and more entrusting us with their capital. You are a magnet for that. You strategize, organize, and execute the increase in assets under management. This means you'll pick up that phone, take the meetings, wine, dine (over Zoom as well), and convey our fund proposition to the right people. You’ll manage a team. You'll work directly with the General Partners.
- Actively source, outreach, contact and build relationships with potential leads and future investors (funds, financial institutions, pensions, multi-nationals, ultra high net worth individuals, family offices and more)
- Responsible for all fundraising goals and targets
- Lead global investor relations and business development
- Lead projects related to lead generation, sales pipeline organising fundraising roadshows
- Manage reporting, investor meetings, presentations
- Represent the firm at industry events and conferences
- Act as an advisor to the investment team, as a voice of the limited partners
- Be an important point of contact for the regulators across various markets
- Manage investor relations team members and their performance.
Please keep in mind this list is not all inclusive and you may be asked to perform other job functions not otherwise listed.
- Required prior experience of having led fundraising in the asset management industry, ideally 5 years or more.
- Proven track record in managing LP relationships, with an existing network of potential LPs for 500 Southeast Asia
- Ability to work independently
- Have existing contacts with US, European, Asian, or Middle Eastern investors including but not limited to endowments, pensions, family offices etc.
- Strong business ethics and with a view to lead the fundraising for our upcoming funds and co-investment vehicles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than $2.7 billion¹ in assets under management that invests early in founders building fast-growing tech...