Venture Capital Internship
SE Ventures is a Menlo Park based, €1.0B venture fund backed by Schneider Electric, a global leader in energy management and industrial automation. SEV is focused on early and growth stage investments in companies that help make any kind of built environment (homes, commercial buildings, data centers, factories etc.) more energy efficient and/or more automated. Structured as a hybrid corporate VC, with aligned financial incentives, SEV invests in 10-15 category defining startups each year, combining our sweat, grit and hustle with the capital and market reach of Schneider Electric for the benefit of our founders.
Over the course of the internship, you will work within a global venture capital firm and experience the daily work of our team members. We work to uncover the most innovative companies across early and growth stages and collaborate closely with Schneider Electric to gain unique perspective and drive value for our portfolio companies. You will have exposure to the entire team through shadowing, one-on-one mentoring, and opportunities to present your research at the end of the internship.
One critical aspect of a venture capitalist’s work is building knowledge and a network throughout the startup ecosystem, specifically within key focus verticals. You will have an opportunity to dive deep into innovative areas within climate technology and industrial automation, the key focus areas for SE Ventures. In addition to detailed sector research, the internship will include working with Schneider Electric operators, sourcing new emerging opportunities, collaborating with other investors in the sector, and evaluating key criteria for startup investment within relevant verticals.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Current MBA student expecting to graduate in 2024/2025
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, management consulting, or a strategy / corporate development role.
- Sincere interest in investing and growing companies, as evidenced by prior work or extracurricular experience.
- Existing knowledge of climate technology or industrial automation is a plus.
- Self-starter and intellectually curious with interest in working within a highly collaborative team.
- Team player with a positive attitude, comfortable presenting, and willing to share ideas.
Job Type: Full-time paid summer internship
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Internship Timeline: 10 Weeks (June 5 – August 11)
Required Work Authorization: United States
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
SE Ventures is a corporate venture capital fund created in partnership with Schneider Electric.