Intern - Corporate Venture Capital (f/m/d)
In your position as an Intern – Corporate Venture Capital (f/m/d), you will support the Corporate Venture Capital arm (DB1 Ventures) of Deutsche Börse Group in all aspects of the venture investment process. The DB1 Ventures Team oversees the portfolio of ventures and minority-owned subsidiaries from the Group. We act as an engaged, long-term strategic partner and provider of capital to early- and growth-stage companies, which are core or adjacent to the Group's strategy. The team seeks to build a diversified investment portfolio across our businesses and proactively manages it to contribute to the overall equity story of the organization.
Please note that we recruit interns on a rolling basis with no fixed start date. The start date indicated below is a preferred start date.
- You will research and assess relevant markets in-depth and screen them for attractive investment opportunities.
- You will assist in ongoing transactions, analyse and evaluate potential investment targets, and assist in creating investment proposals/presentations for DBAG’s senior management.
- You will support the team by performing specific tasks during the due diligence process.
- You will support portfolio management activities and gain valuable insights into ongoing corporate development projects, working with a team of functional experts from across the Group.
- Furthermore, you will evaluate and maintain the venture pipeline and deal flow database and any operations documentation.
- You are enrolled in an academic programme recognized by the state with a bachelor/master's degree in Bus. Administration / Finance / Economics (Master's degrees or MBAs are preferred). Furthermore, we offer the possibility of an orientation internship, whereby you are currently in a gap-year after your bachelor's or master's degree in the above-mentioned fields of study - in this case, a certificate of enrolment is not required.
- Ideally, you have already gained your first practical experience in venture capital, start-ups, consulting, investment banking or similar fields.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and an analytical mindset, and you are passionate about fintech, technology and innovation in capital markets.
- You bring an eagerness to learn and intellectual curiosity, take on responsibilities, and you can quickly familiarize yourself with new topics.
- You are highly organized and can work well in small teams in a structured, independent and result-oriented manner.
- You are fluent in English, and knowledge of German is an advantage.
Why Deutsche Börse Group?
We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone feels welcome and can reach their full potential. Our standards go far beyond simply matching candidates with the right position.
We enable you to move freely with our job tickets, job (e-)bikes and free parking opportunities.
Collaboration, communication, or deep focus – in our modern office buildings you will find the perfect work environment. Free drinks and food and meal allowances included.
Health and wellbeing
We care for your health and wellbeing and besides various health promotion measures we offer you a group accident insurance and additional insurance offers at discounted rates.
We provide financial stability by offering attractive salaries, company pension schemes, participation in our Group Share Plan, as well as bonuses, subsidies and discounts.
Collaborate and exchange on-site or work remotely several days a week in line with business needs and local regulations. Our hybrid working model combines the best of both worlds.
Flexible working hours
We want your job to fit your life situation and offer flexible working time models, part-time models, childcare allowance, or the possibility to study alongside your job.
Our market infrastructures are globally connected. Working with us means collaborating with like-minded colleagues across over 60 locations from more than 100 nations.
We promote individual development by offering internal development programmes, mentoring, further education and training budgets.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're the corporate venture capital arm of Deutsche Börse Group. We drive innovation through start-up investments along the capital markets infrastruc...