StartFast Fund II invests at the Seed/A Round stages in B2B SaaS companies located outside major US Venture Capital hubs. Our geographic focus enables us to invest at attractive valuations; our companies can scale cost-effectively; and our exits command high return multiples. We like to invest in diverse teams with first-hand experience of the problems they are solving. The StartFast team consists of experienced entrepreneurs who have been building companies and investing together for nearly two decades. This position is ideal for someone wishing to develop a career in venture capital and with the ability to contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Source new deals through networking and founder outreach
- Prospect potential investments and stay in the know of exciting opportunities and new markets
- Support the Managing Partners by operating in all areas of investment due diligence, as needed, to assess the viability of the investment opportunity
- Produce thorough and concise quantitative and qualitative analyses to form opinions about companies
- Build accurate financial models and data-supported company valuations
- Communicate directly, empathetically, and concisely in both written and verbal form
- Operate as a collaborative team player with high integrity and work ethic
Skills and Experience:
- Research/analysis experience in investment banking, management consulting, or private equity
- Understanding of software and internet business models (SaaS, e-commerce, marketplaces) and key metrics for evaluating performance
- Ability to think creatively (e.g., sizing new markets that don’t have historical comps)
- Strong financial modeling skills for determining unit economics, analyzing financial statements and valuation determination
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial, diverse environments. You are comfortable taking on new tasks or projects with little direction and adjusting course quickly in response to feedback.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and ability to absorb large amounts of new information
- Familiarity with macros and other advanced spreadsheet functions is a plus
- Prior experience with Pitchbook, Crunchbase Pro also preferred
Please fill out this brief application form. If you background matches the role, we will reach out directly on next steps.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building world changing companies across America. We back B2B SaaS founders from Charlotte to Phoenix to Buffalo and beyond.