The Investment Analyst will be a member of the investment team and will get exposure to and ultimately participate in the end-to-end sourcing and execution of deals across all MRV sectors. This role will also help with market landscaping and other research. The position is located in San Francisco, with potential for limited travel within the US.
The Investment Analyst will primarily support the identification and initial screening of strategically focused & financially driven investment opportunities:
- Assist in preliminary due diligence on specific opportunities to assess attractiveness.
- Manage deal tracking and reporting.
- Conduct research on industry sectors, specific companies, and venture activity.
- Network externally to generate deal flow and relationships.
The Investment Analyst will also work collaboratively with MRV’s portfolio development, marketing, and operations teams for internal and external projects and events.
The Person: Successful Candidate
- Leadership Effectiveness: Deliver results consistent with those identified within specific objectives and help build, develop and implement plans and processes that lead to successful implementation and execution of key projects, initiatives and activities
- Strong Analytical Skills: Candidates must have requisite financial and investment analysis and research skills.
- Superior Visual & Written Communication Skills: Ability to sift through large quantities of information, both quantitative and qualitative, identify the salient points, and communicate them in the appropriate form in a succinct and elegant story or case.
- Superb Communicator & Relentless Networker: High level of communication, influence and interpersonal skills in order to network, navigate, and execute internally with cross-functional teams and externally with multiple stakeholders and partners.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Innate and insatiable intellectual curiosity about business, technology, and business models.
- Disciplined Adaptable Tactician: Strong execution and follow-through in emergent and uncertain situations. The ability to be adaptable and problem solve in the face of evolving internal and external stakeholder agendas and changing priorities is critical.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience, including exposure to venture capital and the startup ecosystem
- Preferred demonstrated interest and/or internship in one or more investment sectors
- Superior proactive networking and relationship development skills
- Proven teamwork skills both as a leader and cross-functional team member
- Self-motivated with high initiative; ability to learn diverse and technical topics quickly
- Willing to travel domestically 10-15% of the time
The Group: Munich Re Ventures
Munich Re Ventures (MRV) is the venture capital group of Munich Re, the world’s largest reinsurance company, and a leading global provider of primary insurance and insurance-related risk solutions. MRV is a $1B+ platform that is financially driven, while focused on the strategic interests of Munich Re and the broader insurance industry. MRV’s experienced investors work closely with Munich Re Group businesses across the globe to fund and partner with the best emerging companies that are developing new technologies and business models – and risks – for tomorrow’s world. The funds cover a broad set of sectors including: InsurTech, Cybersecurity & Privacy, ClimateTech, Equipment Technologies, and the Future of Transportation.
MRV Website: https://www.munichreventures.com/
At Munich Re Ventures, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a team that reflects the entrepreneurs and companies we work with and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Munich Re Ventures is an experienced strategic and financial investor, working across the globe to support the next generation of disruptive technolog...